The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-15-2008, 07:01 AM   #1
c10addict

67 on ebay pulling some good $$

Found this 67 on ebay and with 5 days left its pulling some big $$$ already in my opinion! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/67-CH...em110222996352
54 GMC under the knife getting a S10 chassis swap and bagged. See my build thread...
07 GMC Sierra 5/7 drop, 22's and 24's Air ride on my mind..
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=339340

See pics of my trucks in my profile
c10addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 07:20 AM   #2
Wrenchbender Ret

Re: 67 on ebay pulling some good $$

You are right. It,s bringing big money. It is a sharp truck. I noticed the results from some of the resent shows the 50,s 60,s trucks are bringing good money.
Wrenchbender Ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:31 AM   #3
RCbowtie69

nice truck, lot's of work is in the truck, like the exhaust, keep's it tuck under the truck, sliver look good on these trucks also
RCbowtie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:12 PM   #4
see ten
WTB this ad

Pretty sweet!
see ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:17 PM   #5
70C10Step

Very Nice!!!
1969 C20 3/4 Longbed - Beast!
1966 Mustang Fastback - Daily Fun
1965 Mustang Fastback - Money pit!
70C10Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:20 PM   #6
MrBeast
high-Tech Red Neck

I dont know, the truck just doesnt do it for me.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:28 PM   #7
slammed1
1972 Chevrolet SWB

Reserve still not met.......wonder what the reserve is??

1972 Chevrolet 1/2 ton short wide bed,68 frt clip Project.
1980 Camaro Inherited when father passed,68K Miles
2003 Ford Mach1 FUN as Hell!!
2002 Dodge Ram 5-8 slam Rolling BillBoard (Gone not forgot)
2004 Dodge Ram HEMI 10" lifted on 37's and 2wd.
slammed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:32 PM   #8
1LoC10
Insert Title Here

i dont think trucks look good with big wheels and big tires unless they are bagged.. just looks funny

1000 pics of 67-72's>> http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z...-72/?start=all <<
1LoC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:33 PM   #9
dan42

Yeah, it's not doin' it for me, either - I don't need a truck with someone else's personality built into it.
dan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:34 PM   #10
MrBeast
high-Tech Red Neck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LoC10 View Post
i dont think trucks look good with big wheels and big tires unless they are bagged.. just looks funny
To me this truck looks like an emalgomation of parts that just wernt very well matched, It really doesnt have a flow to it. And there is nothing that stands out about the truck it is done up but plain jane. There is nothing that would make this truck stand out in a crowd, and the way they put in the AC/heat controls, to me just looks occuard.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:39 PM   #11
slammed1
1972 Chevrolet SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LoC10 View Post
The truck does deserve more drop,and would set my eyes at ease a little better. i could never have a quality vehicle like that but I always make sure the stance,wheels and tires are spot on.

Old 02-15-2008, 12:41 PM   #12
Arad68
Trucks N Tranzams

I think it is sanitary, clean. The wheels and the exhaust are cool.

'68 Chevy LB 383 TH400/GV/373 posi
'56 Chevy 4WD SWB
'64 Chevy short stepside
'79 Trans Am 455/TH2004R/12blt/4whldisc
95 Kia (Wifes car)
2002 S-10 extended cab pickup
"God punishes small sins immediately"
Arad68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:42 PM   #13
MrBeast
high-Tech Red Neck

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammed1 View Post
The truck does deserve more drop,and would set my eyes at ease a little better. i could never have a quality vehicle like that but I always make sure the stance,wheels and tires are spot on.
The workmanship on this truck looks quality, but it just doesnt have that natural flow to it that makes you want more. That is the cool thing about these old trucks, you can take an old farm truck that has a ton of character and jazz it up a bit with the right stance, and it will draw way more attention and be far cooler than a made up show pony like this.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:46 PM   #14
AuggieStyle

beautiful truck the interior sells this truck. most people paying big money for trucks want a car feel. did not say much about the suspension and did not give us any pictures of the under carriage.
the only thing i dont like is the paint, love the color but it looks as if they panel painted. I thought it was the lighting but from two different angles the paint looks off QOI is not there. Notice the passenger door it looks off from all three angles.
panels dont look like they were properly alligned either, the close up picks dont show but the mag far shot reveals a little better.
AuggieStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:28 PM   #15
slammed1
1972 Chevrolet SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeast View Post
The workmanship on this truck looks quality, but it just doesnt have that natural flow to it that makes you want more. That is the cool thing about these old trucks, you can take an old farm truck that has a ton of character and jazz it up a bit with the right stance, and it will draw way more attention and be far cooler than a made up show pony like this.
so very true.

Im such a purist on 67-72 trucks that I dont like major body mods like chopped tops and such anyway so keeping the basic style stock looking but adding style and flair to one of these trucks pleases my eye more than one all doll'd up sporting wrong components.

This truck is nice,would look great in my driveway/garage but a few items would need addressed.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:30 PM   #16
MrBeast
high-Tech Red Neck

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammed1 View Post
so very true.

Im such a purist on 67-72 trucks that I dont like major body mods like chopped tops and such anyway so keeping the basic style stock looking but adding style and flair to one of these trucks pleases my eye more than one all doll'd up sporting wrong components.

This truck is nice,would look great in my driveway/garage but a few items would need addressed.
I am a purist in the fact that I like things that are purely functional, that is why these trucks are so beautiful to me, they are simple by design, and they are just a damn good all around truck.

To me stuffing a hood scoop on a truck for no reason is like having a 3 stage spoiler on your 82 civic, what is the point? I would much rather stick with that long lean beauitful hood line, I think that is one of the things I enjoy the most about these trucks, you just dont get that with the newer trucks today with ther super duper field of vision hoods that slope away, you ride in a 67-72 and you know your in a truck, it has a truck feel, trying to turn a truck into a car to me is pointless.

That doesnt mean you cant doll one up and make it comfortable, but why not do it like a truck?

Somthing kind of funny, when I was a little kid I had a tonka modeled after a 72 chevy, the ting is the tail gate would flop all the way down on the bumper because there were no straps to stop the tail gate, I took it to my grandpa all upset "Grandpa, they didnt put any chains on my tail gate, why didnt they put any chains on my tail gate!?!?!?" He got such a kick out of it he helped me put a set of minature chains on the tail gate of my tonka truck. I must have been 5 at the time.

I guess you could say when its in your blood its in your blood...
Old 02-15-2008, 09:54 PM   #17
caminokid
Chevy nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeast View Post
I am a purist in the fact that I like things that are purely functional, that is why these trucks are so beautiful to me, they are simple by design, and they are just a damn good all around truck.

To me stuffing a hood scoop on a truck for no reason is like having a 3 stage spoiler on your 82 civic, what is the point? I would much rather stick with that long lean beauitful hood line, I think that is one of the things I enjoy the most about these trucks, you just dont get that with the newer trucks today with ther super duper field of vision hoods that slope away, you ride in a 67-72 and you know your in a truck, it has a truck feel, trying to turn a truck into a car to me is pointless.

That doesnt mean you cant doll one up and make it comfortable, but why not do it like a truck?

Somthing kind of funny, when I was a little kid I had a tonka modeled after a 72 chevy, the ting is the tail gate would flop all the way down on the bumper because there were no straps to stop the tail gate, I took it to my grandpa all upset "Grandpa, they didnt put any chains on my tail gate, why didnt they put any chains on my tail gate!?!?!?" He got such a kick out of it he helped me put a set of minature chains on the tail gate of my tonka truck. I must have been 5 at the time.

I guess you could say when its in your blood its in your blood...

I have to agree with you. I am a bit of a purist to say. I hope no one takes this wrong...not putting anyone taste or truck down. I dont think a truck should sit as low as a car. I dont understand the point. If there should come a time where you absolutely needed it to haul something...not big...but like a couch...yeah its nice you dont have to lift it up far...but I feel lowering ruins the functionality of the truck. I have a hard time getting out of a car anymore for it to sit low. Its hard to get into a car that sits low. I spent alot of time getting in and out of Firebirds and Trans Ams for most of my life and cant do it anymore. So I do like my truck. Its not hard to get in and out of. I dont want to have to go slow over speed bumps, tracks and mazdas if I dont want to!!! Its something that has to be a taste I guess. Maybe I am just too old to understand why. I hope no one has taked offense to this...I dont want to offend anyone. Y'all have been great here.

"Remember kids there is NO replacement for displacement!"
caminokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:13 PM   #18
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by caminokid View Post
I have to agree with you. I am a bit of a purist to say. I hope no one takes this wrong...not putting anyone taste or truck down. I dont think a truck should sit as low as a car. I dont understand the point. If there should come a time where you absolutely needed it to haul something...not big...but like a couch...yeah its nice you dont have to lift it up far...but I feel lowering ruins the functionality of the truck. I have a hard time getting out of a car anymore for it to sit low. Its hard to get into a car that sits low. I spent alot of time getting in and out of Firebirds and Trans Ams for most of my life and cant do it anymore. So I do like my truck. Its not hard to get in and out of. I dont want to have to go slow over speed bumps, tracks and mazdas if I dont want to!!! Its something that has to be a taste I guess. Maybe I am just too old to understand why. I hope no one has taked offense to this...I dont want to offend anyone. Y'all have been great here.
I can understand your POV. I especially know what you mean about getting in & out of TransAms since I'm driving an 02 Collectors TA currently. What I hate is trying to get out w/o scuffing up the freakin' door panel every time (and that's w/the seat as far back as it can go).

Back to the trucks . . .... lowering doesn't necessarily ruin functionality if you 'engineer' the lowering to maintain capacity. My 68 was dropped 8" in the back & I could use it to tow my loaded 18ft steel floor car hauler. I've moved several vehicles (my 74, my 67, an Isuzu Pup, 66 Mustang), lots of yard related stuff, & moved my household furnishings/appliances when we moved across town. My truck was/is lower that the one in that ad but it was set up to still be used as a truck.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 02-15-2008 at 10:14 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:39 PM   #19
c10addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
I can understand your POV. I especially know what you mean about getting in & out of TransAms since I'm driving an 02 Collectors TA currently. What I hate is trying to get out w/o scuffing up the freakin' door panel every time (and that's w/the seat as far back as it can go).

Back to the trucks . . .... lowering doesn't necessarily ruin functionality if you 'engineer' the lowering to maintain capacity. My 68 was dropped 8" in the back & I could use it to tow my loaded 18ft steel floor car hauler. I've moved several vehicles (my 74, my 67, an Isuzu Pup, 66 Mustang), lots of yard related stuff, & moved my household furnishings/appliances when we moved across town. My truck was/is lower that the one in that ad but it was set up to still be used as a truck.
Thats why you gotta love bags... You get the best of ALL worlds! High, low, towing, ride quality...
54 GMC under the knife getting a S10 chassis swap and bagged. See my build thread...

Old 02-16-2008, 02:54 AM   #20
70rs/ss

That's a lot of $$$, but I am sure it'd take twice that to buy it. We who don't own that truck have no idea what kind of money or work that went into and shouldn't bash it. IMO I can't lay down that type of dough (I could but not easily) so i'll look and not say anything.
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:15 AM   #21
Zumo
Hot Rods For Life

That is what I call a "Hot Rod" truck

Los Muertos Custom Bicycles
Zumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:25 AM   #22
chevy_632
chevy_632

nice truck..my brother and a friend of ours went to that shop who's selling the truck last year,its about 6 hours from where i live. they did some renderings and built signs for there new shop and had to work on some racecars out there.he said they have some real nice stuff from hemi cuda's to rods to custom bikes, only thing is they make most there money off buying someone's done project and relisting it ex..this truck..may have changed how they run there buisness now i dont know.not trying to diss them..just know there probably asking alot for a reserve..still a nice unit tho curious to see what it brings..rob
chevy_632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:29 AM   #23
Orange
Licensed to Thrill!

One of the nicest interiors I have seen.

DLB
Old 02-16-2008, 04:39 AM   #24
c10addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70rs/ss View Post
That's a lot of $$$, but I am sure it'd take twice that to buy it. We who don't own that truck have no idea what kind of money or work that went into and shouldn't bash it. IMO I can't lay down that type of dough (I could but not easily) so i'll look and not say anything.
I did start this thread because I think it is a lot of money for the truck... Now that is a good thing esp for those of us who want to sell a nice truck... Yes if I wanted I could pick this truck apart BUT I can also pick my stuff apart all day long as well. Sure the truck has some nice parts on it and some things going for it but I would put my truck up against that one any day of the week and when I think about what my truck would be worth if I ever decided to sell it I would be happy with what this truck is pulling now... I am very curious to see where the auction ends...

The bad part about this hobby is you can not go by what it cost to build it when its time to sell it...

Last edited by c10addict; 02-16-2008 at 04:59 AM.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:19 AM   #25
The Big Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10addict View Post
I did start this thread because I think it is a lot of money for the truck... Now that is a good thing esp for those of us who want to sell a nice truck... Yes if I wanted I could pick this truck apart BUT I can also pick my stuff apart all day long as well. Sure the truck has some nice parts on it and some things going for it but I would put my truck up against that one any day of the week and when I think about what my truck would be worth if I ever decided to sell it I would be happy with what this truck is pulling now... I am very curious to see where the auction ends...

The bad part about this hobby is you can not go by what it cost to build it when its time to sell it...
I was looking at this truck yesterday because I want bigger wheels on my 67. I don't like the black wheels but thats just me. IMO I think of black wheels with polished lips belonging on my 06 SI...lol. I do love that exhaust though and that interior but other than that I can't see myself paying that for a truck because I want to spend that on mine and make it all mine and no ones elses.

Now, back to the point, I want bigger wheels than my little 15's. Its time for a new look. What wheel size and BS do you have to tuck? I love that truck and IMO it is way better than that silver one that will prolly bring 30 grand.
The Big Green is offline   Reply With Quote