The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-18-2008, 04:34 PM   #1
8mpg

Vintage air vs Classic Auto Air

Just wondering if anyone has experience with both. Seems like most people are going with Vintage. Classic Auto is local to me and their sales people are great. Im doing a Cummins conversion so I will need some custom lines...the Classic guys said they would be more than happy to leave the lines long and I can cut them and they will crimp the ends on for me... Great people... I guess is there a reason not to go with Classic Auto Air?
8mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:44 PM   #2
jorgensensc

Re: Vintage air vs Classic Auto Air

Go with who gives you a warm and fuzzy. I personally like Vintage Air, but I have never used classic Auto. Many years ago I did a VA install. It went smooth, I like the ease of installation and the quality of product, so when I buy other A.C. for other cars, I always go back to VA because I don't want to take a "chance" on another product I don't already have experience with. After all, we aren't talking chump change, so I don't like "learning curves" with this type of expense. But if they have good customer service for you, and you like the look, feel, and technology involved, then go with them. Hope this helps some (although I doubt it did )
Shawn

-What would you attempt to achieve if you knew you could not fail?-

-I Refuse To Tiptoe Through Life, Only To Arrive Safely At Death's Door-

R.I.P. EAST SIDE LOW LIFE
jorgensensc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:46 PM   #3
big_al_71

I went with classic auto air and I am very happy with the end result. They could had been a little more clear about what came with the kit vs what would be considered an accessory for example the a/c vents they give you are some small ones with the kit however when you look at the ad it looks like they are factory match. It was not clear to me that if you wanted the factory looking ones they were an additional $100.00 or even the manifold for the compressor they do not include it on the kit and it is an additional $29.00. Other than the ad not been clear the kit it slef is awesome.....
It blows a good 37 degrees inside the cab...Excellent here in florida...

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:01 PM   #4
cparman
sharp as a marble

At my shop I have installed ONE vintage air kit. We have installed 10 Classic air kits. There is no choice at my place. Customer service is awesome at classic auto air.
cparman is offline   Reply With Quote