The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-01-2009, 11:06 PM   #1
GOPAPA

This is a Darn Darn Good Deal

Look what you would get extra if you all you needed was the bucket seats.

Just how much more do you think you could make on this deal if you were to part it out after keeping the bucket seats ?

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/1100964767.html

papa
GOPAPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:08 PM   #2
dan42

Re: This is a Darn Darn Good Deal

Yeah, but it looks too nice to part out.
dan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:11 PM   #3
vectorit
What?

I think thats a members truck, and he was trying to sell it last I saw it.
vectorit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:25 AM   #4
Sammy

I think entirely too many trucks are getting parted out. Already parts prices are getting higher and this doesn't help. I understand some are not worth much needing too much. When I see someone with 100 glove boxes, or 50 used steering columns makes me think about all that USA metal headed to China for a Toyota or Honda. But you can always buy repop fenders 20 yrs from now made in China. OEM stuff will be worth your first born plus some.

"You can wash a pig, soak it in most expensive perfume. In the end it is still just a pig."

ODD BALL build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=478629"
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:04 PM   #5
1956cameo

Sorry if I ruffle feathers, but I have to agree with Sammy 100% on this one. Waaay to many nice solid trucks on here and other places getting parted out. Or re-cabbed because they have one dime size rust hole on the roof. Seeing way too much parting out of the nice 3/4 ton trucks with a ton of options. Once these trucks are gone they are gone!

I would buy the one in the ad in a heartbeat if I were closer and had a little more money; and I would definately restore it if I got it.

Last edited by 1956cameo; 04-02-2009 at 12:05 PM.
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:10 PM   #6
Twisted78SS
Wide n'Low

I went and looked at this truck, it's 3 miles from my house. The lady selling it told me it was her dad's truck. Overall it is complete minus the steering wheel. Needs the usual restoration. I am looking at it for a father son project, and will be going back over there this weekend.

Guess we will see..
Twisted78SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:16 PM   #7
leddzepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1956cameo View Post
Sorry if I ruffle feathers, but I have to agree with Sammy 100% on this one. Waaay to many nice solid trucks on here and other places getting parted out. Or re-cabbed because they have one dime size rust hole on the roof. Seeing way too much parting out of the nice 3/4 ton trucks with a ton of options. Once these trucks are gone they are gone!

I would buy the one in the ad in a heartbeat if I were closer and had a little more money; and I would definately restore it if I got it.
I gotta agree on this too. I picked up a 72 C-20 a couple months ago just to pull the BB/t400 for my shortbed 1/2 ton. The truck is pristine and loaded...I decided I cannot part it or cannibalize it, so I am restoring it to its original condition.
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:32 PM   #8
1956cameo

Leddzepp, glad to hear you saved it. I can't say that I have been a perfect angel either. I bought a 1970 factory big block c-10 with the CST package last month. I was thinking of parting it (very briefly), but instead decided to work on it. If I would have parted it I think that would have bothered me everytime I would have thought back about of that truck.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:21 PM   #9
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Tossing in GMCs, GM made somewhere around 3+ million 67-72 trucks. I have mine, I don't care what y'all do with the rest

But it is a shame to see a nice one parted, unless I need something from it!

When my truck gets redone the second time around, the only factory parts will be the cab and doors and grill. The body panels alone that I've collected that come from different trucks are: a 68 bed, 70-ish tailgate, repop header panel, 68 hood, and 67 front fenders (using 72 fenders to fix the bad spots). I still need to find a straight bed floor too. I'm GLAD people part out trucks

Everybody wants solid rust free parts. Those parts don't come from rotted out NY, PA, and OH trucks, they come from rust free arizona, new mexico, and california trucks.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!

Last edited by 67ChevyRedneck; 04-02-2009 at 03:28 PM.
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:47 PM   #10
GOPAPA

Shoot ,, you didnt ruffle my feathers ..Let me say in defence of how I started the ad and advertised the sell of this truck It helps save the truck more than get it parted out..

You see , up here in the Northwest we have lots of these trucks ..so for us to take some of the trucks that others on this forum have started with near rust death and brought back to life is not something we up here don't have to do ..

So ,,by showing you the truck all you folks in the rust belt ,,you have a chance of buying it and not parting it ..sorry but I dont have the money to buy it and save it ,,If I did I would have my acreage filled with them ..

We all have trucks with some doner parts on them,,, and not all of them parts came from trucks that were goners ,, for me I have a truck in my shop right now that has a cab ,doors , motor ,tranny, tail gate and much more from doner trucks and a lot of the parts came from a person who belongs to this forum .. it's parts that help keep these trucks alive ..

I see two side to the story and this is my side .. hope I didnt ruffle any feathers with my reply ,, (Besides to day is my wifes birthday ,,lets all celebrate and have fun) LOL nice old papa here

Last edited by GOPAPA; 04-02-2009 at 03:51 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:15 PM   #11
1956cameo

GOPAPA, I hope your wife has a happy birthday. Looks like you got a evening out tonight.
Yeah I see both sides of the coin as well. When I need used parts I only want the best and of course to get the best they have to come off of a truck that was in decent shape. I just get tired of seeing completely rust free and straight trucks that have a ton of options, and sometimes even run get parted just because they aerent a shortbed fleetside. Hey but I guess thats why there are different folks so they can do different things and even each other out. Personally I wouldnt part that truck out but if someone were to do it and I needed the parts I would buy them. That is why I say I am no perfect angel about this either.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:16 PM   #12
El Jay
Gone to greener pastures

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
Shoot ,, you didnt ruffle my feathers ..Let me say in defence of how I started the ad and advertised the sell of this truck It helps save the truck more than get it parted out..

You see , up here in the Northwest we have lots of these trucks ..so for us to take some of the trucks that others on this forum have started with near rust death and brought back to life is not something we up here don't have to do ..

So ,,by showing you the truck all you folks in the rust belt ,,you have a chance of buying it and not parting it ..sorry but I dont have the money to buy it and save it ,,If I did I would have my acreage filled with them ..

We all have trucks with some doner parts on them,,, and not all of them parts came from trucks that were goners ,, for me I have a truck in my shop right now that has a cab ,doors , motor ,tranny, tail gate and much more from doner trucks and a lot of the parts came from a person who belongs to this forum .. it's parts that help keep these trucks alive ..

I see two side to the story and this is my side .. hope I didnt ruffle any feathers with my reply ,, (Besides to day is my wifes birthday ,,lets all celebrate and have fun) LOL nice old papa here
It's the bride's B-day?
I'll raise a glass & have a shot for her.

Just to mess with her mind, give her a big squeeze and say, "This is from Larry."

"Ah women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent." Friedrich Nietzsche

"Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day." Harry S. Truman

GUN CONTROL: Never having to say, "I missed you."

Always fire two warning shots into your attacker's chest area before putting a bullet between his eyes. Paraphrased from Louis Awerbuck
El Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:35 PM   #13
Sammy

Hope your wife has a good B Day.
I was just reacting to your original comment and others about parting it out. I too have donor parts on my trucks.
Maybe it should be the law to pull to one side of the road & remove your hat when one is headed to the crusher? LOL
The next time you see it again, it maybe be two cars on the Toyota lot.

"You can wash a pig, soak it in most expensive perfume. In the end it is still just a pig."

ODD BALL build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=478629"
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:49 PM   #14
GOPAPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
Hope your wife has a good B Day.
I was just reacting to your original comment and others about parting it out. I too have donor parts on my trucks.
Maybe it should be the law to pull to one side of the road & remove your hat when one is headed to the crusher? LOL
The next time you see it again, it maybe be two cars on the Toyota lot.
Thansk Sammy for the birthday wishes for the wife ,,right now theres a good tip roast dinner is on the Barbi-Q as I write .

Even though I see lots of our trucks in our part of the country ,,I havent seen any of them going to the crusher .. might of missed em but so far havent came upon any in the scrap that I have seen going to Portland where they go In my neck of the woods.. thats good too ..
Old 04-03-2009, 12:16 AM   #15
pmpski_1

Here's another example. Says the cab is rusted out and there's no title but doesn't look bad for 500 bucks!

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/pts/1104756323.html
pmpski_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:23 AM   #16
El Jay
Gone to greener pastures

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmpski_1 View Post
Here's another example. Says the cab is rusted out and there's no title but doesn't look bad for 500 bucks!

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/pts/1104756323.html
Why can't I find that kind of stuff around here??

"Ah women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent." Friedrich Nietzsche

"Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day." Harry S. Truman

GUN CONTROL: Never having to say, "I missed you."

Always fire two warning shots into your attacker's chest area before putting a bullet between his eyes. Paraphrased from Louis Awerbuck
El Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:31 AM   #17
jerry moss
Born Psycho

starting back in the 80s, myself and my cousin started parting 67-72s. they were plentiful and we sometimes had as many as 30 trucks at a time and over the next 10+ years we parted well over 200. i had never heard of the internet at the time and had no idea there was a "rustbelt" so anything with even a pinhole of rust was scrapped. we helped save a lot of trucks with the parts trucks and got all the option goodies for our own trucks. some of the trucks should not have been parted--CST's, cheyennes, cheyenne supers, etc. but they were worth more in pieces since they were so plentiful. had we known about the eastern rust area we could have sent a few that direction.
on a positive note, thats how my truck and my cousins' truck ended up with tilt, tach, am/fm,buckets, tow hooks etc.
69 suburban K20-tilt,tach,vacuum,speedwarning,buckets,shoulder belts,am/fm,4 inch all spring lift,4 speed, 14 bolt full floater, dana 44 HD,warn winch,posi front and rear,tow hooks,plus other goodies.
73/80 chevy/gmc K20 SB400,turbo 400,205,tilt,a-c,gas hog.
77 K/5 cheyenne blazer-daily driver/beater. SON HAS IT NOW
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
jerry moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:04 AM   #18
CPNE
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry moss View Post
starting back in the 80s, myself and my cousin started parting 67-72s. they were plentiful and we sometimes had as many as 30 trucks at a time and over the next 10+ years we parted well over 200. i had never heard of the internet at the time and had no idea there was a "rustbelt" so anything with even a pinhole of rust was scrapped. we helped save a lot of trucks with the parts trucks and got all the option goodies for our own trucks. some of the trucks should not have been parted--CST's, cheyennes, cheyenne supers, etc. but they were worth more in pieces since they were so plentiful. had we known about the eastern rust area we could have sent a few that direction.
on a positive note, thats how my truck and my cousins' truck ended up with tilt, tach, am/fm,buckets, tow hooks etc.
No worries Jerry. We in the "rustbelt" never knew about rust-free sheetmetal back then either

67 Chevy SWB 2WD stepside 350/3 on tree (Pat's)
67 GMC SWB 2WD Fleet 402/auto (Brian's under construction)
67 Chevy 3/4 ton 2WD 402/auto (Business Hauler)
67 Chevy 1 ton dually 2WD 396/4 speed (Former business hauler, Needs TLC)
68 Chevy 1/2 ton Suburban 2WD 250 six/3 on tree (Brian's Needs TLC)
70 Chevy 3/4 ton 4WD 350/4 speed (Pat's - Disguised as a 68 GMC)
71 Chevy SWB stepside (Crushed by tree - parts donor)
72 Chevy 3/4 ton 4WD (Parts donor)
72 Chevy 3/4 ton 4WD Suburban (Parts Donor)
72 GMC 3/4 ton 4WD 292 six/4 speed (Mine - Disguised as a 67 GMC)
81 GMC 4WD Dually Dump Body 350/4 speed (Business Hauler)
82 Camaro Z/28 355/Super T-10 (Pat's toy)
93 Caprice 9C1 (Brian's Cop Car)
02 Toyota Camry (Reliable but a souless steel and plastic hulk)
2011 2SS RS Camaro M6 Factory Hurst Shifter

Maybe I need to sell some of this crap

Yet another Bozo with a sawz-all
CPNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:19 PM   #19
GOPAPA

EL Jay ..

your words: It's the bride's B-day?
I'll raise a glass & have a shot for her.

Just to mess with her mind, give her a big squeeze and say, "This is from Larry."

My dear wifes words: Which one of the Larry's said that ? ( I told her before that there are a whole cuvvy of Larry's on the forum)

My words : the old one like me said it ..LOL

She laughted and said to thank you .

gotta meet you someday my friend ,,I like your straight foreward to the point say what you think... reminds me of some one else named Larry.. Oh,, and we tipped a drink to all on the forum ,,just for fun..
Old 04-03-2009, 08:24 PM   #20
GOPAPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1956cameo View Post
GOPAPA, I hope your wife has a happy birthday. Looks like you got a evening out tonight.
Yeah I see both sides of the coin as well. When I need used parts I only want the best and of course to get the best they have to come off of a truck that was in decent shape. I just get tired of seeing completely rust free and straight trucks that have a ton of options, and sometimes even run get parted just because they aerent a shortbed fleetside. Hey but I guess thats why there are different folks so they can do different things and even each other out. Personally I wouldnt part that truck out but if someone were to do it and I needed the parts I would buy them. That is why I say I am no perfect angel about this either.

Well ..the truck is still on craigs list and not sold so either they have not the money like me or it is more than what us NW people want to do to restore it or buy it and keep it for some one else..

There is one on this forum that might buy it as he is going this week end to look at it again ,,hope he reports back his findings.. papa
Old 04-04-2009, 11:40 AM   #21
PICKMUP
"Trucks with Class"

Great deals are sold within 24hrs. That one is just OK, in my opinion. The buckets are a plus, but it doesn't run & has been sitting outside for nine years.
I just bought a 71 GMC from board member: Dave6666(?): premium buckets & console, tilt, tach, everything works and it has a good running 454...You could drive it back to the rustbelt!
The price? About the same.
...and yes, of course I would part it so you guys could have an "opportunity" for some nice rare parts.
PICKMUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:48 PM   #22
weasel29gm
SLOW BUT SURE,BUT CLOSER

Then on the other hand I've seen trucks that should be parted out that was thought it was a gold mine. To me aslong the cab is rust free the rest can be a/m parts.
69 C-10, OWNED 35YRS... 350 over 30, 350 Turbo, 3:73 Posi P/S, P/B Black with red and black int. ''LOVE THESE OLD ''TRUCKS.......
weasel29gm is offline   Reply With Quote