The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-28-2002, 12:12 AM   #1
nroden

WaterPump Went Out

Today on the way to work WaterPump went out and started leaking. Drove it to NAPA during my lunchbreak and got a new one for $23. Gonna try and put in on the morning. I think it may have been what made strange noises sometimes... not sure.

While I was there I got Castrol 10w30 (use it because I have always heard it was the best and so many good things about it) and NAPA Gold oil filter since my 3000 miles is almost up... about 150 more to go. Aren't the NAPA Gold filters actually Wix filters(which I have also always heard were the best).
Retired and in the dry... still runs. I now drive Red '01 Ford Focus... better MPG!!!
nroden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 02:12 AM   #2
nroden

Well installation of the new pump went good up until time to put the fan on. The fan needed the 8 holes like the old pump had and the new one only had 4. NAPA is ordering an 8 hole one for me since they don't have any.... be in tomorrow morning. Tell you guys how it goes... What did Chevy use to decide what trucks got which ones.. 4 or 8?
Retired and in the dry... still runs. I now drive Red '01 Ford Focus... better MPG!!!
Old 12-29-2002, 08:34 PM   #3
nroden

Got the new one on. Finished it up in the dark by the pole light outside. I am gonna wait until morning to put it on.... so I can see if everything is working correctly and to check for leaks. The installation went smooth... took about 45 minutes.

The one I first took off that went out was a mess... all kinds of gunk built up inside waiting for me. I had replaces all my hoses Summer '01 and had my radiator thrown in the tank. Got my $3.33 back for the core charge.