The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2009, 10:18 PM   #1
WyoGMC

Newbie from Wyoming

I have a 68 GMC 3/4 T LWB Custom Camper that I got last week. I haven't really had a chance to clean her up. It has some surface rust I need to polish out. Overall the truck seems to be in good condition.

Now for some history on the truck. This truck belonged to my girlfriends dad and it was supposed to be her truck. Well he did not give her the truck. Later she was told it would be willed to her. Her dad got remarried and it looks like the new wife made him get rid of the truck. He traded the truck off about 2 years ago. Needless to say the girlfriend was pissed. This was the truck she learned how to drive stick in.

The guy that bought it put it up for sale and I could not pass this deal up. I did get some documentation with the truck. One of those items looks to be the original bill of sale. It looks like the original owner sold it to the girlfriends dad around 89. He repainted it at that time and I don't know what else was done. I have yet to ask her dad.

Just before we bought the truck she called her dad and said his old truck was for sale. He wanted to buy it back so bad. But he was too late. I was getting it And he still does not know I have it. I think I will wait for him to visit the house and see his old truck first. I took some more pics but I am having problems getting them to my computer.

WyoGMC is offline   Reply With Quote