The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2009, 11:29 AM   #1
ambryatim

How much would you pay for this?

Hi all I was wondering if I could get some input on what this truck might be worth. It's a 1957 SW Chevy.

Here is a link to some pictures.
http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/h...le413/?start=0

Here’s the details…The front clip is from a 1975 Chevrolet Camaro. I rebuilt it and installed it two years ago. It has new ball joints, control arm bushings, tie rod ends, new power steering box, new disc brakes (power). Where the clip was joined has been boxed with 3/16” steel plate and 2” 11ga. Box tube was used between the frame and subframe to help reduce the total front drop. The column is a tilt unit from a 1985 Olds with column shift. The rear end is also from the ’85 Olds and uses the same bolt pattern as the front discs, so all of the wheels use the same pattern. The brake booster is mounted to the firewall and uses a stainless steel support under the dash. The booster and master cylinder are Mustang II.

The glass is in good shape. The windshield and gasket were installed new in OKC around Summer 2000. The flat glass in the wing windows shows some separation but are complete. The door hinge pockets are solid. The driver’s door hinge could stand to be rebuilt, the door rattles going down the road. The pictures of the area around the headlamps does not show the stainless rims. I have them in my shed. They are in good shape but need to be polished. The chrome on the grille is peeling.

The transmission is a lock-up TH350 and is slipping in drive and reverse. I have the TH200-4R that matches the rear end in my shed with the running boards and the head lamp trim. It is a bolt-up unit that was on the motor when carbureted until the pump went out. I have a full rebuild kit and the manual for it that I will also include. The drive line is a one piece unit.

All of the sensors for the fuel injection are installed. The truck was running on a 1984 Camaro Crossfire injection system for a while using the 1990’s 1227747 GM computer (standard TBI) The IACs went south on the crossfire, so I went with the stock TBI set-up. The TBI unit is a Holley 670 CFM replacement unit. It need the fuel lines connected and the four wires for the injectors hooked up to run. The fuel pump is electric and is mounted to the frame.All of the hard lines (feed and return) are run from the tank in the bed under the cab inside the frame along the right side. The lines for the crossfire went up the inner right fender and came in from front of the motor like a carb set-up. The TBI runs the lines up the back of the motor new the distributor, which is a small cap HEI.

There is a new radiator from Brothers installed. The transmission is cooled with two external coolers, one in front of the radiator and a second water-cooled unit from a Dodge diesel mounted on the core support by the radiator. The fuel filler has an aluminum block off plate filling the hole to keep water out of the cab. It was a prototype for a steel filler to be made and installed. The bed floor is 3/4” cabinet grade plywood. I put it in to help protect the steel parts and make the bed serviceable.

I think that covers it all.

Last edited by Liz; 08-19-2009 at 04:41 PM. Reason: restored
ambryatim is offline   Reply With Quote