The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-21-2009, 11:20 AM   #1
bmrrwolfe
1970 C10

Front to rear outer floor patch?

So i am in the process of repairing the rust on my project truck and the complete outer floor was junk, i cut it out and got a good deal on a rear outer floor patch panel and was going to pick up a front floor patch panel, but then changed my mind to possibly get the one piece outer floor.
This is an example of the patches.
http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cb/full.aspx?Page=22
I have #4 and was going to get a #3 even though i only need the outer first few inches of it, but it doesn't look like it goes all the way back to the rear patch?
So i found a #5 for $90 shipped to me, should i just buy that?

Sorry for the stupid question and one big reason i want the one piece is just a small welder given to me by my dads friend, a lincoln weldpac 100 running a gasless flux core setup and i can not weld to save my life, so i wanna go the easy way and just have one piece.
Thanks!
bmrrwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:03 PM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: Front to rear outer floor patch?

The one piece are a real nice way to go.You should check with the Vendors who sponsor this site.The don`t send catalogs all over the country,but they`ll take better care of you and know what they`re talking about..

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote