The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-11-2010, 12:22 PM   #1
wheatlysk5

LS1/4L60E/Transfercase problems

Im swapping in a 5.3 4l60e in my 70 blazer and am going to be using a np241 for my t-case. I have it in but my front drive shaft is going to nail the oil pan on my transmission. Im wondering if any of you guys could help me out with that problem. We were thinking that a lift kit would change the drive angle enough maybe but i dont know its just food for thought.
wheatlysk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:36 PM   #2
Thealien

Re: LS1/4L60E/Transfercase problems

How much is it hitting? I am waiting to see if/how bad my interference is with my 5.3/4L60/NP205. I have heard some dent the pan a little? If I have interference I will take the pan off and see if it hits the valve body or not. If it does not hit the valve body I will just modify my pan (cutting/welding). If it hits bad enough that it will hit the valve body I will consider a lift but I do not want to. How about some pictures of how close it is?
Thealien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:40 PM   #3
wheatlysk5

i think it would hit the valve body. I am with you i did not what to add a lift. i am exploring other possiblilites like trimming the under body to raise the back of my t-case up. Ill try to get some pics.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:53 PM   #4
Thealien

Wouldn't you have to lower the front output of the TC? Wouldn't raising it make the interferance more?

I have even talked to people about maybe making a driveshaft with the thin part of the slip yoke right at the interferance location (I think in your case the slip is into the transfer case so you wouldn't have this option?)

This is probably one of the reasons they went to the drivers side drop. The pan seems to favor the passenger side?

Good luck. I really don't want a lift either!!
Thealien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:52 AM   #5
wheatlysk5

No i think raising it would give you more angle from t-case to front axle. Any one else dealing with this problem or have this setup with a 4 inch lift?