The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-30-2003, 01:56 AM   #1
gmc383

what would you do?

I am currently recieving the runaround from a fellow board member. I bought some parts from him 15 days ago. I sent the payment by paypal. He recieved and accepted the funds. I then spent 4 days trying to find out if he recieved the funds and was going to sent the parts. I gave him the option of emailing me here through my signature, and I provided him with another email address (my pay pal one) Well the next and only response I recieved which was a couple days after this was that he claimed to be trying to reach me but my PM box was full. I then replied and gave him the email addresses again(and I emptied my box).So here I am now. I have emailed him here and I have gotten no response. I have even seen him on the board, yet he will not respond to me. I do not want to name him as of yet because I want to give him every chance to make good. I asked him for my money back, or my tracking number for my parts. I have not heard back from him in the last week. Very frustrating.
gmc383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 01:59 AM   #2
72shadetree
KEEP ON TRUCKING

everybody is having trouble with pm box give it a couple more days and see what happens

71 k20 sons

bassett va
72shadetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 02:06 AM   #3
dmurphy68

I know how it is sometimes. I can not belive that a board member would do that. I would give him a little more time but I know how it is when you pay for something and you really want it. Maybe this tred will give him a chance to make it right. He could at least e-mail you and tell you what is going on. Maybee he is hard up for cash and can not ship it right now. Sorry to here it but just keep cool. Also paypal has a money protection program wher they can get it back for you. just my .02
Darren

No free man shall be debarred the use of arms
- Thomas Jefferson

Later Darren
http://www.myspace.com/dmurphy68
dmurphy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 02:11 AM   #4
gmc383

thanks for the advice

I think it is a shame that you have to be wary of other board members. I always considered this to be a "safe place". Shows how naive I am I guess.
Old 01-30-2003, 09:27 AM   #5
Old Chevy Lover

Hang in there.. Hopefully, the person will see this and contact you.. If you paid via Paypal, you should be covered under their policy I believe. Seems like I have seem something to the effect of 'buyer protection'.. You might want to check into that if the person doesn't end up contacting you..
13 Camaro SS/RS 6.2/Auto
Old Chevy Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 05:24 PM   #6
GloryHound
Working on a Nova.

and if he does not get back to you and you have to go to pay pal for the protection, I would write a little piece here with all the facts including handle's so others do not fall into the same trap you did and get stressed out over it.
GloryHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 01:45 AM   #7
gmc383

quest for parts

Well, I recieved a response. He says my parts are on their way and I should get them this week or early next. He did not give me a tracking number and said that he THINKS they were sent UPS. I then emailed him again as I saw him on the board and I asked for a tracking number. Still waiting to hear back.
Old 01-31-2003, 02:20 AM   #8
68 Suburban

Just because someone is a board memeber is not going to guarantee they are going to be someone you want to do business with. All you need to be a board member is an e mail address.

Just like ebay, I think you should check how long the person has been around before you decide whether it is worth the risk buying from them.

There are great people on the board to deal with. I feel you will get your parts and everything will be fine.

Last edited by 68 Suburban; 01-31-2003 at 05:42 AM.
68 Suburban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 03:39 AM   #9
gmc383

suburban

I agree with you. I was thinking about the fact that you can check someone out on ebay. On the board, I am toying with the idea of not doing business with someone who has less than a 100 posts. Just something I have been thinking about. Usually, I find that if you hang around the board for a bit of time, you recognize established good guys. Some of the guys I highly reccomend are

junkyard john
kilomanjaro
jose
protrucks
wes
shadetree
bouncy truck
efabman

and the list goes on. I am sure I forgot a bunch! Oh, and I can't forgot the ladies either. gmc junkie is way cool!