The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2010, 09:37 PM   #1
Camaro_nut2001
Chevy Lover Till The End.

Thumbs up Met one of our members today & this is alot of reading

Hey guys and gals, I wanted to let the community know about one of our members I met today. We had exchanged numbers a few days ago and spoke very little on the phone. We had it lined up that he was going to come over on Sat. but I was down in my back pretty bad so we set it for another time.

He called the next day to see how I was doing but had to leave me a voice mail as I was not home. I thought that was super nice of him and I went to call him back and couldn't find his number, I have a very playful, sneaky cat that not only did something with the paper his number was on but also took my Old Timer pocket knife which I have yet to find lol. I opted to PM him to get his number again. He answered my PM with his number and told me to call him today. I called and we set a time and I gave him directions to my house.

I was already out in the garage piddleing when I heard this beautiful sound so I had to look out to see what it was. It was him and his truck. He shut her down as I was trying to get out of the garage and make it to his truck as I had to see what made such a tune to my ears. We shook hands and I asked to look at his truck. He popped the hood and man it was a beautiful sight, a stroked small block that you could tell had been put together with loving care.

We talked a little about his truck as I made my way around it. Very nice Custom 10 Deluxe that you could see was loved very much by it's owner. This is the first person I have ever met from the computer and I am not in good shape anymore and just so happened my back started acting crazy so I had my little two shot 38 derringer in my pocket for safety. No I'm not scared nor am I a wimp but I have gotten cautious since my accident. I want everyone to know that is one of the most polite, kind, knowledgeable Man I have ever met!

Our visit went great, he helped me get my little S10 uncovered from winter storage and we fired her up and he helped me get some numbers off the back of the block on my truck and I had wanted those numbers for quite some. We talked about motors and our trucks and a little about our backgrounds.He met my Dad when he came home and once again very polite. He would have helped me put the steering column in and I would have let him as he is very knowledgeable on mechanics but like I said my back started acting crazy. We talked a little more, I showed him some things I had bought for my truck as I was comfortable letting him in my house and we shook hands and he left.

This goes to show you or it showed me that there are still honest decent people in this world and I hope to build a forever lasting friendship with this feller. I just wanted to share this with ya'll and maybe it will put a little better feeling in your stomach about how our society is going.
1968 Chevrolet Impala Sport Coupe - 327/350hp, TH400, all original.
Members I've met: BamaBaxter,

My Build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=500359
Camaro_nut2001 is offline   Reply With Quote