The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2010, 01:43 AM   #1
873+3/90zuk

1 ton lift

just got my first 1 ton. its a 87 cc/drw with a 6.2. I want to lift it to fit H1 wheels and the stock H1 37's. Im going to use the H1 wheels to make it SRW. but i have some ?s

1. if i do a 6in lift do i have to get my drive shafts like on most other trucks?

2. can i run the 37's with a 4in with out trimming? i know this is a shot in the dark but it seems to me that the truck sits high stock.

3. do i need any special parts for the lift because of the D60? I am thinking rough country decuase of the good price.

4. what about a t-case drop? im told that i can move the stock spacers from inside the frame and stick them between the crossmember and the frame to achieve this. true?

5. Im not sure what gearing the cc dually has stock but will it have any issues with stock gearing and a lift. this will be my DD and tow rig. Ill be towing a 18ft flatben with my samurai and quads on it.

6. the only 4x4 it will see is during elk season and it wont be anything that cant be done in 2wheel so im not worried about rubbing or anything like that.

thanks ahead of time
873+3/90zuk is offline   Reply With Quote