The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-23-2010, 09:52 PM   #1
coggonobrien

need photoshop examples/suggestions

need some recommendations for photoshop to use on my picture below (as well as others) we were going to tweak this one a little bit and give copies to all the guys involved so I didn't know if people could post examples of what they have done (and the name of the effect) to give my wife some ideas. she's a graphic design major but this will be her first time playing with car pictures. if you want to play with this pic to try some things and post it back that would be cool as well just be sure to say what you did she's gonna give each of the owners a free photo-session as well so could use lots of suggestions for scene's and photoshop ideas.

Thanks!
David
coggonobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:25 PM   #2
blazin

Re: need photoshop examples/suggestions

i recommend cutting the fords out
blazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:44 PM   #3
coggonobrien

haha it was a good way to leave my wedding nothing like a smokey except from a 150 year old church
Old 06-24-2010, 12:53 AM   #4
KMACD71

You would probably get more responses in the Photoshop Section. Here's a few quick adjustments: poster edges,plastic wrap,mosaic tiles,graphic pen, glowing edges.
Attached Images

KMACD71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:58 AM   #5
ConnDemned

I don't have my computer up, and haven't messed with ps in a few years... but why not try masking off the cars, giving the background a greyscale or even sepiatone overlay, making the cars the only things in color. Then use some standard picture manip to make the sky look brighter (looks kind of stormy) and make the cars pop a bit more. Try adjusting the levels, hue/saturation, curves, and all that mess. You could even make the whole picture a monotone, or even dualtone and use your wedding colors. Way to make me want to get back on photoshop again.
ConnDemned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:27 AM   #6
beebster

Location: Aurora,Il ..born,raised and still live in the same house

I like that black Galaxy or fairlane
beebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:01 AM   #7
Bruce88

I’m just an armature in Photoshop manipulation and there are so many different things that can be done from improving clarity to artistic manipulation so you need to define what you want the final picture to try to relay to the ones you’re giving it to.

I usually start by cropping out things like the small car in the back and the excess of parking lot/asphalt in my opinion. Just trying to bring the main subject mater to the front and minimize any thing that might distract some one from looking at what I want them to look at. For this picture it’s the cars and the church.

Then normally I adjust the image levels, that in my opinion help in equalizing the whole picture. Then some times use the filters (sharpen or sharpen edges) to give a little sharper definition to the items.

Now I think you would have a good picture that could be enjoyed and shared

The clouded area in the picture would be a nice area to inject something to make the picture special not trying to over power the cars or the church just kind of accenting. In one of the pictures I incorporated a cutout picture of Jesus Christ and the other one a Ford logo that was feathered and its Opacity/fill is reduced to blend into the clouds.

You have a nice picture to start with and this is just a couple of thing I might do to improve it a little or make it special

I turned the pictures sidewise to fit into this forum max size requirements and keep them as large as possible to the originals

Maybe this might give you some of your own ideas
Name:  sample-1.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  98.4 KB

Name:  sample-2.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  98.3 KB
Old 06-24-2010, 09:08 AM   #8
1LoC10
Insert Title Here

I would do four seperate ones... make the whole picture black and white, with just the one car in color.... then give it to the guys with their car the one in color

1000 pics of 67-72's>> http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z...-72/?start=all <<
1LoC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:13 PM   #9
coggonobrien

ah, one guy owns 3 of the cars, i was just get everyone that drove a copy.

ok, at this point i'll take any neat staged photos of your trucks/cars for ideas on settings/angles etc for some other photoshoots we will do of the cars.

Thanks,
David