The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-27-2010, 08:57 PM   #1
jbgroby

OH Jeez what a AFTERNOON.

IF you laugh at this story, you won't hurt my feelings, Becasue IF I saw someone else go through this, I'd laugh too.

Awhile back we did the topic of Mutts in your Truck, we'll today we adopted a Chocolate Lab mix at the pound. Still a puppy and all fixed, wormed and stuff. I told the daughter I'd bring it home.

WELLLLLLLL that plan did not go quite as expected, because low and behold, somwhere around mile marker 6 (out of 42) she deposited a nice runny gift all over the passinger seat. I don't know what they feed those dogs at the pound, BUT GOD IN HEAVEN it should be banned.

My wife has always told me that I scare the Sh*t out of her when I drive so maybe she was telling the truth.

I can tell you that there is no smell on earth quite like fresh dog S**t, well I stand corrected, IT can be worse at 65 mph with the windows up. Had to stop at a store buy some pinesol and a roll of paper towels. What do I do with the dog while I'm in the store? I was afraid to put her in the bed because some one might take her, so I had to leave her in the cab. Things don't get any easier, because GOD does have a sense of humor. Because as luck would have it there only 2 lanes open and at least 4 people in each with full or half full baskets. I eyed an old lady thinking I cut cut in front, but she had this nasty looking cane with notches cut in the handle, so I backed off in a hurry and waited my turn. All the while visons of sugarplums are dancing in my head imagining just how much damage I'll find back in the cab. That was a 5-10 minutes diaster happening.

OF COURSE she had to just explore her new territory and walk all over the bothsides of the damn seat, hopped up on the dash, hitting the radio, A/C controls, vents and company radio mike (ewww) got behind the seat and walked on my softsided briefcase as well as the work papers under the armrest.

With the puppy in the bed wailing away, there I'm am in the parking lot of a food store gagging and wiping. OF course it starts raining. I take out the hearing aids to keep'em dry and keep cleaning. IT stops railing long enough for a few people passing by to say "awwww look how cute", then the smell hit'em and the had a change of heart. After I got what I think is 90% cleaned. I poured a bit of pinesol on the floor, the seats and behind the seats. bannished her to the floor and drove the rest of the way home with the windows cracked to help evac the smell.

I get home and it's raining again (Go Figure) and I had to use lysol, scrubbing bubbles, a brush, and more rags to get the smell out of the seats. I then gave everything a very liberal bath in fabreeze. I would not be surprised to see the seats change color.

BUT How can I hate her.

Look if you dare
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2535...54402330MVuzJP
Attached Images

Last edited by jbgroby; 10-27-2010 at 09:23 PM.
jbgroby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:12 PM   #2
steverino66

Re: OH Jeez what a AFTERNOON.

THAT'S FUNNY.
On the plus side, you'll have years of her looking at you just like in the pic.
steverino66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:17 PM   #3
Big Fenders

Thanks for the great but smelly story...We have a yellow and a black Lab both about two years old and quite ,here I'm trying to think of a word to describe these two..quite the pals...one is lost with out the other.
Good luck with your pup..
Bob
Attached Images

Big Fenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:41 PM   #4
irish1966

Make sure she has plenty of chew toys and CONSTANT attention when she is a puppy, otherwise nothing is safe in your house. LOL. Believe me, I know.

66 LWB Fleet (on hold)
64 LWB Fleet (daily driver)
65 SWB Fleet (almost finished as a driver)
64 SWB Fleet (just started - "Tommys Hot Rods" tribute truck)
Nothing worth doing, is easy.
irish1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:41 PM   #5
fryer1979
Redneck Hillbilly

Labs are such good pals, and with a face like that it's almost impossible to stay mad for long. Congrats on the new pup, and thanks for sharing the story.
fryer1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:51 PM   #6
jbgroby

I made her buy a LARGE kennel and the dog will stay in her room at night and during the day she'll be placed outside and with the grandson at home shoud be played with a bit more than the last one.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:05 PM   #7
glendale

i work for the sewer dept and i gag every time i clean up dog poop. it is horrible. if you want some foul stories hit me up!
glendale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:09 PM   #8
vin63
It's Better With Nitro

Congrats on the puppy! Yeah, for new dogs/pups, we usually end up lining the vehicle with old blankets, or if the dog is small enough, a crate. My mutt in the truck story might be as bad...one of my dogs ran ahead of us and found a rotting seal corpse at the beach and by the time we got to him, he had rolled and rubbed himself head to toe in the glorious smell and rubbed against our other two dogs. We took them to a dog wash facility and cleared out the place. My truck smelled like a morgue for a few months.
Tubular front and rear suspension
Custom 6-piston front disc and 4-piston rear disc brakes

Last edited by vin63; 10-27-2010 at 11:10 PM.
vin63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:29 PM   #9
slepysal

first pic of puppy awwwwwwwwwwwww
scond pic of poo ewwwwwwwwwwwww

"Over, Around or through it... "
slepysal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:38 AM   #10
jbgroby

Glendale,

I too work in both Water & Sewer Planbts. Currently, I'm Supt. of Quality Control for St. Bernard Parish Water/Sewer Div. (Katrina Ground Zero) We've had to rebuild EVERYTHING. 98 lift station, 3 sewer plants 1 water plant, the list is almost endless. To give you an idea, I currently oversee 27 FEMA (PW's = Public Works Contracts) .

We're consolidating all the sewer plants into one Super Plant "Munster" (real name). And then after treatment we're discharging the effluent into the Largest National Wetland Reclaimation Project ever attempted, 31,000 acres. I pasted Pic below. This area is where the water from the storm surge hit the leveea and blew right through them.

Theh two other pics are the water blowing over the levee and the same picture with highlights.
Attached Images

Old 10-28-2010, 09:56 PM   #11
glendale

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgroby View Post
Glendale,

I too work in both Water & Sewer Planbts. Currently, I'm Supt. of Quality Control for St. Bernard Parish Water/Sewer Div. (Katrina Ground Zero) We've had to rebuild EVERYTHING. 98 lift station, 3 sewer plants 1 water plant, the list is almost endless. To give you an idea, I currently oversee 27 FEMA (PW's = Public Works Contracts) .

We're consolidating all the sewer plants into one Super Plant "Munster" (real name). And then after treatment we're discharging the effluent into the Largest National Wetland Reclaimation Project ever attempted, 31,000 acres. I pasted Pic below. This area is where the water from the storm surge hit the leveea and blew right through them.

Theh two other pics are the water blowing over the levee and the same picture with highlights.
crazy we have 12 lift stations and no treatment plant. so you guys are big time. the year before i started we were put on permit to have a waste water dept. and we were basically the example of the worst in california. and we now have won best waste water dept in cali for our size for the last three years. i take full credit.

Last edited by glendale; 10-28-2010 at 09:57 PM.
glendale is offline   Reply With Quote