The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2010, 11:33 PM   #1
ya it is a classic

i luv my fiddy.5

hey guys my names chad. my daily driver is a 55 chevy 3200 with the origional 235 and the 4speed with first granny. the motor was rebuilt (probably just rings) about 1500 miles ago about 10 years ago. been sitting for 8 years and santa brought it last year so three weeks before school started i decided i wanted to drive it so i got it going and legal. 9:30 the night before school i got it done. so when the motor was rebuilt i think just the rings were replaced? im not for sure though but the kids in highschool must have broke a ring(s) in number 4 so im burning about a quart a day with the 30 mile round trip to school. ya im using used oil now haha. anyways i got a few questions about upgrading my ride first whats the red line on the 235? its seen 5 grand more than once! i need some sound in the beater so what have you done for deck and speakers? and i still got the gas tank behind so theres not alot of room for anything. and i got a 1972 rebuilt 350 that i want to put in it so what mounts has everyone got? ebay? thanks
-chad
ya it is a classic is offline   Reply With Quote