The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-20-2011, 01:23 PM   #1
waldeaux

How do you remove dashboard to get to evaporator/heater core?

looking for help on how to remove dashboard in a 99 suburban? I need to replace the evaporator and heater core. I tried removing it from the bottom box, but cover won't come off. I was told that you have to from the dashboard. Is this true? is there an easier way? The dashboard won't come off. So for I tried to take apart the bottom of dash and unscrewed the the steering colum and pulled it apart. There is a metal bar that goes left to right that is in the way of the evaporator/heater cor area. I have taken out the front 2 seats (to make more room to work). I have disconnected alot of wires and unscrewed alot of screws. I have been trying to get this dahboard off for 2 days with no luck! Any info. would be great.
waldeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:39 PM   #2
usmcchevy
Has more rust than truck...

Re: How do you remove dashboard to get to evaporator/heater core?

Welcome to the site! Its a bit long to explain. If you go to autozones site, create an account they have a good write up under repair guides. Good luck, let us know how it goes!

LSx Swap FAQ index
usmcchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:43 AM   #3
pissonNOS

Re: How do you remove dashboard to get to evaporator/heater core?

Even if you google it there's some really good write ups and pictures out there. I just did this job about 3 months ago, have fun!! It was not a pleasant job and a little word of advice is to make sure you watch for the little nipple on the bottom of the heater box. It's the drain for the evaporator and I folded mine over and flooded the cab!!! Maybe you know about this but just thought I'd pass along the pointer.
Posted via Mobile Device