The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2011, 04:22 PM   #1
TheSeeker

Emissions Woes, need advice!

Hey all, I just finished the mandatory emissions test for my 69 chevy. Its got a 250 with the stock monojet. Carb #7029166 263 8HL.. Anyway I failed the test, the problem isnt with the hydro carbons, they passed a little high but they passed. The CO is super high though. 8 at load 7.2 at idle (percentages) This means im running rich correct? I need to know where to start with this thing as I need it for a daily driver right now. I cant get tags until I pass the test so kind of in a bind.

I dont know if a rebuild kit and a can of seafoam should do it, or if a rejet is in order. or if simply asjusting the carb with a vaccum gauge will take it down enough to pass. The truck was at 190 degrees and the choke was set in the "sweet spot" so to speak. I was planning on putting in an HEI around christmas and the plugs and wires look good but they are old..

Basically AZ emissions laws stink and I need some help to diagnose what is going to reduce the CO the most. Thanks for any leads/ideas/help that comes from this.
TheSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote