The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-01-2011, 11:21 AM   #1
chad29

Frame help

Hello Everyone, I need some help here. I am in the process of restoring a 77 gmc sierra grande that was left to me by my grandfather. The truck was a long wheel base and I do not want this. I have decided I want to go with a short wheel base. I have done all the repairs to my cab and have it ready to mount back on a frame. I have found a frame for an 85 chevy pickup. Will my cab work on this?? Also have my stock fenders, hood, inner fenders, Radiator supprort etc... Whole front end to put back on. What frames will work??? Thanks for all your help out there!!!!
chad29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:17 PM   #2
hotrod_991

Re: Frame help

I belive it will work cause I am going to be doing the same with my 77 lwb onto an 85 swb frame. everything should go on just the same sept the bed ofcourse

"of course it will hold!, I welded it!"

1977 c10 under knife for full rebuild, 5.3l 4l60e drive rain swap, replacement frame and green repaint
hotrod_991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:01 PM   #3
notyo_cheez

Cool Re: Frame help

As hotrod_991 mentioned all the chassis from 1973-1987 are the same so you should have no issues bolting sheet metal on a SWB. Hopefully you have drivetrain components for a SWB to make your life easier.
notyo_cheez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:27 PM   #4
superwade57

To put an older cab on a newer frame the cab mounts are different but I.forget how. I remember its an easy fix. Also front frame horns are different. Only affects front bumper mounting so its also no big deal. Just minor finess modifications. Search the forums you'll find tons of info welcome to the right side of the frame length debates
Posted via Mobile Device
superwade57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:19 AM   #5
xrcr

I put an 84 Cab on a 76 chassis. I switched the front cab chassis mounts out(since I had them and orignals were ate up) then bought 84 mounts for the front and 76 rear cab mounts
xrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:39 AM   #6
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

youre suppoused to use the mounts compatible for the frame.. but the cabs are completely interchangable

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote