The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-04-2012, 03:41 AM   #1
CJ_Chevy

"Batt" recepticals on fuse box... No power.

Hey guys,
another questions about my 79 c20.
i just redid all of my dome light and cargo lighting system and when i plugged it in to where it used to be on the fuse box, it would not work. it was plugged into one of the Bat terminals on the bottom right side of the fuse panel. i hooked up a volt meter from the terminals to ground and i got nothing, in any of the key positions. i wanted to make sure that my new wiring and lights worked so i tied the one orange wire for the harness to the 12v block under the hood to make sure it works, and it functions correctly. the cargo switch works, the dome light is on until both door switches are pressed in, and tuning the dome light on with the headlight switch works.

i checked my fuses and they all seem to be good. the only thing i found was that i had a courtesy bulb blown. but that wouldnt explain why my bat terminals arent putting out power. does any one know where or what fuse controls those 2 terminals? i believe the other terminal is for my cigarette lighter.

thanks in advance
CJ_Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:38 PM   #2
CJ_Chevy

Re: "Batt" recepticals on fuse box... No power.

well i found it... after checking every possible hot lead known to man it seemed with a voltmeter i went through and checked all my fuses once again. i checked continuity across all the fuses and sure enough my horn/ctsy fuse was blown. it must have been loose or wasnt completely blown. put a new one in and the horn blew non stop. the horn button on the steering wheel was stuck in. all taken care of now. apparently the horn fuse controls the batt terminals.
CJ_Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote