The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-28-2012, 10:51 PM   #1
496bb

Can I add custom trim moulding?

Can anyone direct me to some info on adding the upper and lower trim mouldings to a truck that came with none? I want to do the white in the center color scheme (custom deluxe??) but my truck currently is just a plain jane C20 with no trim at all. Looking at getting a custom cab- so it has the holes already. Just wondering if there's a thread or procedure for adding the trim- or links to any threads about custom paint/striping. I have searched but not really found what I am looking for. Thanks.
496bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:44 AM   #2
67c10rustbuket

Re: Can I add custom trim moulding?

If you get an assembly manual they have prints of the measurements for trim holes. I would recommend Mar-K in OKC for trim.

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car
67c10rustbuket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:12 AM   #3
oklalawnboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 496bb View Post
Can anyone direct me to some info on adding the upper and lower trim mouldings to a truck that came with none? I want to do the white in the center color scheme (custom deluxe??) but my truck currently is just a plain jane C20 with no trim at all. Looking at getting a custom cab- so it has the holes already. Just wondering if there's a thread or procedure for adding the trim- or links to any threads about custom paint/striping. I have searched but not really found what I am looking for. Thanks.
Come on over. I just painted my cheyenne super 10 and haven't bought new mldgs yet. Oh, and I just moved to Gadsden Al.
76 Monte Carlo
83 Chevy short wide Silverado
96 Mazda Miata, 2000 Allegro Bus
oklalawnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:20 AM   #4
496bb

goin up your way tomorrow lawnboy to pick up a cab. it is a custom so at least some of the holes are there. just don't know how to locate and drill the holes in the correct locations. lemme know- i wouldn't mind lendin a hand one saturday if ya need help
496bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:37 AM   #5
camaro_red

Don't drill holes...Most of the repop trim comes with either the metal clips or the plastic clips with the 2 sided tape...If you replace the 2 sided tape with a quality one on the plastic clips they will hold like cement...You can get your moldings on perfectly straight without the worries of drilling a bunch of holes...I've done both, I prefer the stick on type, they don't take paint off when pressed through the holes to start rust .....and you can get better molding alignment...Just my 2 cents
camaro_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:36 AM   #6
oklalawnboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 496bb View Post
goin up your way tomorrow lawnboy to pick up a cab. it is a custom so at least some of the holes are there. just don't know how to locate and drill the holes in the correct locations. lemme know- i wouldn't mind lendin a hand one saturday if ya need help
I should read the forum more often. I hope you got your cab okay. I'm still in the process of moving in. I would be available most Saturday's too if you need a hand. Thanks for offering. I like the sound of the stick on mldgs.
76 Monte Carlo
83 Chevy short wide Silverado
96 Mazda Miata, 2000 Allegro Bus
oklalawnboy is offline   Reply With Quote