The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-07-2012, 03:57 AM   #1
keith nohner

Talking Any body going to Wendover from the Salt Lake City area?

I am going to attempt to drive my 72 primer black shortbox with a 69-70 clip to wendover bonneville speedweek. I will be running a motorcycle there if the truck makes it and the bike passes tech. Anybody interested in pitting for me? I will be leaving sometime on thursday, and hoping to arrive on Saturday. I think the drive train is worthy, 98 vortec 350 out of brother in laws wrecked 2500, 110 thousand miles. Oh converted to carb with wieand stealth intake. Th 350 tranny out of rusty six cylinder nova with new seals and shift kit. All new u joints and hanger bearing. Replaced front wheel bearings. New rubber, all the way around.New axle seals and new 80-90 weight. Have shook it down about 600 miles, gets 14-15 at 60 miles per hour. Am I crazy, I think not. Truck will turn over 100,000 on the way there. Its only 1400 miles from my door to the flats. Cant wait for the Adventure.. If you see a rusty primer black short box with wheel vintiques rallys and flat caps. Minnesota 13 on the door. its me Thanks, its always fun to meet new people !! .
keith nohner is offline   Reply With Quote