The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-25-2012, 10:52 PM   #1
GMCJOE

C/L 69 Chevy appears back on C/L 2 days after for resale, been there for 2 months now

I encountered this truck on C/L in my area about 2 months back. They guy was selling it due to a military movement. Had it listed for $1600. I decide I would make him an offer on it, made it a little low (partly cause I don't really need a 5th vehicle) and told him if he didn't get any better to contact me. Offer him $1200, and I was not able to see the truck in person but could see the exterior flaws from photo's. He ended up selling it, and like 2 days later it is back up on C/L for $2950 and been there ever since.

It cracks me up with these guys that try to sell them for profits with out doing any work to them. And the fact of putting them directly back up on the classifieds. Like some of aren't avid C/L viewers..lol

Here is the link: http://ksu.craigslist.org/cto/3393374346.html

I think it is worth about $1600 he paid for it, the PO did all the work stated in the add and couldn't confirm if the 78k was original miles or not when I inquired. I could understand if he would have picked up a spiffy truck for cheap and posted it. Some people just irritate me sometimes.

Anyone else have these encounters? Anyone ever decide to call the person out on it? Just curious.

1969 GMC SWB-350 SBC 700R4
2013 Ram 2500 CC Laramie Longhorn Edition-6.7 PPEI EFI Live CSP5 5” ProFlo Exhaust
GMCJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:48 PM   #2
69GWC

Re: C/L 69 Chevy appears back on C/L 2 days after for resale, been there for 2 months

You would think he would have atleast fixed all the small stuff and washed it up real nice before relisting it.

Hopefully he will get about $1600 for it....lol.
Posted via Mobile Device
69GWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:48 PM   #3
dukcaln

Re: C/L 69 Chevy appears back on C/L 2 days after for resale, been there for 2 months

haha, interesting. I see that often in my area.. I search CL every day and know what you are talking about.. its comical
Old 11-26-2012, 12:16 AM   #4
Black 95 TSI

Happens all the time. i looked at a Civic for $900 needed a clutch and back window. Guy sold the car before I could go buy it. Next day car relisted for $2500 with the pics from the other ad.
70 Chevelle
69 firebird
10 Silverado 4x4
Black 95 TSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:52 AM   #5
HalfTon

I have had that happen to me before. I sold a project 4 wheeler for $500 and about two weeks later it was reposted for $1700. The guy didn't do a thing to it, I had a good laugh after i saw it.
Posted via Mobile Device

69' custom/10 longbed.

1999 1500 4x4 5 speed
HalfTon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:52 AM   #6
no moa

Same here, i sold a 94 police package caprice parts car, no title, i had robbed a few parts off it. Some guy showed up looking for an LT1 and 4l60e for his 55 project. Told me all about his plan to use the frame from the caprice for it. He got my name from a friend, so he seemed legit.
Sold him the car for $500 parts car only. 1 week later its on CL for $1900. Still had the slim on the windows from sitting in the woods. I was BS. 2 days later he calls me leaves me a voice mail asking if i had a rear seat and brakes for this car. what an a**hat.
I told him i had plenty, but because he relisted the car for a profit, he was a piece of trash and i wouldn't sell him anything, his statement was, i knew it wouldn't sell. piece of garbage.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=451950

1971 c10 step 250 3 OTT

1969 c30 TOW-MATER. 307 4 speed, holmes 440 body.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=451082

2006 CTS-V LS2 6spd.
no moa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:15 AM   #7
GMCJOE

I inquired on the truck last night, pretty much called the guy out. I didn't be an @$$hole about it either. I basically asked him what he had done to it, then I told him I couldn't do his asking price as I had inquired on it thru the PO that was asking $1600. He knew he was busted on it then and got pretty ticked off and had several choice threatening words me.

Sometimes I can't help myself when I know someone is trying to screw someone over.

2013 Ram 2500 CC Laramie Longhorn Edition-6.7 PPEI EFI Live CSP5 5” ProFlo Exhaust
Old 11-26-2012, 09:25 AM   #8
trac209

Well up here cl isn't all that popular but we have kijji and I see the same thing there sometimes. Our cl sucks period with very little to no classics on there.
Posted via Mobile Device
trac209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:16 PM   #9
leddzepp

I posted a thread on this not long ago....it is hilarious.
Posted via Mobile Device

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:28 PM   #10
Street Smart

I drove almost 2 hours over the summer to look at C10 roller, "rust free". It should have said free rust. The part that kills me is he still runs the add even after he played stupid with me when i showed him how bad the truck was. All the bad areas on the truck was fiberglassed over SMH.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...=74049&cat=500
Street Smart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:37 PM   #11
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Help me understand what the problem is here? Someone buys a vehicle, then shortly thereafter flips it for a profit? Is this really a new concept, or somehow wrong? I've found a lot of times when someone sells one of these trucks, they have no idea that it is worth more than they are asking. They just know that they use it once a year to take a load of tree branches to the dump, and it sits taking up space the rest of the time, and their wife is nagging to get rid of it because their youngest daughter is getting married in their backyard in a month. So, someone who knows what it is worth happens to see it, buys it, and flips it for a profit. Why is this wrong?
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Mister-B; 11-26-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Mister-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:33 PM   #12
leddzepp

There isn't a problem. I saw a truck advertised on C/L for MONTHS for 2500. All of a sudden someone else placed an ad for the same truck for 3800. I posted links to both ads running concurrently. It was hilarious.
Posted via Mobile Device

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:47 PM   #13
GMCJOE

There is nothing wrong with it when the truck is actually worth what he is asking for it. The problem is that they guy bought it and said he did all the work to it, when the PO put the work and money into it. There is issues the guy isn't mentioning either, needs some wiring redone under the hood and a little under the dash. The rockers are rusted out and continues into the floor board, and missing rear bumper. That's the info I got from the PO and I wasn't able to go look at it myself.

I was interested in the truck myself when the previous owner had it. The truck is a good basis to start with, but a with what has been said. The truck just isn't worth what he is asking. But that's my opinion.

If you are going to buy and flip, at least tell the truth and the truck actually be worth the flipping price. In the area he is selling it in, it's worth pretty much $2000. The work that has been done to it is maintaining work. Worth it or not, I hate lairs.

Old 11-26-2012, 04:35 PM   #14
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCJOE View Post
There is nothing wrong with it when the truck is actually worth what he is asking for it. The problem is that they guy bought it and said he did all the work to it, when the PO put the work and money into it. There is issues the guy isn't mentioning either, needs some wiring redone under the hood and a little under the dash. The rockers are rusted out and continues into the floor board, and missing rear bumper. That's the info I got from the PO and I wasn't able to go look at it myself.

I was interested in the truck myself when the previous owner had it. The truck is a good basis to start with, but a with what has been said. The truck just isn't worth what he is asking. But that's my opinion.

If you are going to buy and flip, at least tell the truth and the truck actually be worth the flipping price. In the area he is selling it in, it's worth pretty much $2000. The work that has been done to it is maintaining work. Worth it or not, I hate lairs.
Well, I see your point. I hate when people lie like that too. I suppose regardless of who did the work, at least the work was done. Now, he'd have to bs if the person asked him specifics about the work that he claims to have done, and that's not good. Also, lying about the condition is even worse.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mister-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:42 PM   #15
GMCJOE

He didn't post about the rocker rust or wiring, and the pictures don't give you the view of it either. It is what it is, if you are fool enough to pay what he is asking after looking at it. Then you deserve what you bought.

Old 11-26-2012, 04:45 PM   #16
weever82

I don't agree with the guy lying and stating that he did the work, that bullcrap. However, I am someone who loves making money though... so if I thought I could buy a truck and make a few bucks on it... I would try!.... just would wait a few weeks at least. haha.

Weev-

Life's tough...... It's even tougher when your stupid - John Wayne
weever82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:01 PM   #17
oldblue1968chevy
Grandpa in the rustmobile...

I bought a fourwheeler few years ago, needed seat tires balljoint tie rod ends (front suspension) and wheel bearings on 3 corners. I added wheels and tires and a lift kit, battery some other stuff. Put it up for sale for a good bit more than I paid for and got an email from the guy It had been about 2 weeks since I bought it.

I wished I had it back today.

Goose-1968 C10 355,9.32-1CR, Vortec Heads ,262 voodoo, 3.73:1 3OTT (HS ride/beater/farm truck)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=317684

Grams 53-1953 Chevrolet Belair
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post4327784

1969 Chevy C10 Shortbed 4.5/6?" Frame off resto
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=548136

1999 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
oldblue1968chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:07 PM   #18
GMCJOE

Something like that I agree with. I bought a 95 Camaro that the guy was having over heating issues, fixed it and drove it a little while before selling. I put new tires on it, put new speakers and CD player in it, and repaired a few other things. Then sold it. Picked it up for $300 and made a profit in the end. But I did the work and the car was worth what I sold it for.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:08 PM   #19
hugger6933

I buy wrecks and fix them and sell them to the public [mostly] for a living ,and have in my body shop since 1987. I don't do any much if any outside bodywork for the public, it has to be a customer of mine or a case where it is someone I really like and want to help. I don't use CL often 1 Avalanche about 3 months ago and some parts a few weeks before that that were extras but when I did get any intrest in my truck I told them up front at the risk of losing the potinal buyer that the truck had been worked on. I am not ashamed of my work and want to make it clear when I do work on one what I do to them and it has held me in good stead these many years. I have some customers that have bought many times from me and trust me when I say one is ok.I agree with the above posters there is nothing wrong with making money but stealing money you did'nt earn is different story and that is basicly the situation going on here when the man has not done the work he said he has done and is not sure of the other work, he has no justifacation to try to make that much without touching it, but I shant judge him. The public has apparently done that by not purchasing the truck from him. It sure is great how poeple think just because it is old it is a classic or rareand when thy have these old rare classics thatt they have a permit to shear a customer. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:12 AM   #20
WIDESIDE72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister-B View Post
Help me understand what the problem is here? Someone buys a vehicle, then shortly thereafter flips it for a profit? Is this really a new concept, or somehow wrong? I've found a lot of times when someone sells one of these trucks, they have no idea that it is worth more than they are asking. They just know that they use it once a year to take a load of tree branches to the dump, and it sits taking up space the rest of the time, and their wife is nagging to get rid of it because their youngest daughter is getting married in their backyard in a month. So, someone who knows what it is worth happens to see it, buys it, and flips it for a profit. Why is this wrong?
Posted via Mobile Device
x2

A year or so ago I bought a 67 Chevy C10 SWB roller with no title for $600. It had a decent fleet bed and a few misc good parts. I thought the bed alone was worth $600, so that's what I put it for sale at. Later on a guy leaves me a voice mail saying he knew about me buying the truck for $600 and says I am "ripping people off" by advertising the bed only for $600. Funny thing is I ended up selling the whole truck for the $600 I paid for it, so I guess I got what I deserved!
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:18 AM   #21
WIDESIDE72

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIDESIDE72 View Post

x2

A year or so ago I bought a 67 Chevy C10 SWB roller with no title for $600. It had a decent fleet bed and a few misc good parts. I thought the bed alone was worth $600, so that's what I put it for sale at. Later on a guy leaves me a voice mail saying he knew about me buying the truck for $600 and says I am "ripping people off" by advertising the bed only for $600. Funny thing is I ended up selling the whole truck for the $600 I paid for it, so I guess I got what I deserved!
I think the same guy was flagging my ads on Craigslist for a while. Before this I bought two trucks from Rockdale, Tx, Package deal $1500 for both. One was a 71 C10 Cheyenne LWB on a k10 suburban running gear. The other was a 71 GMC K20 super custom. The Chevy ran and sorta drove but was a rust bucket. THe GMC had a better body, no engine. THe PO was gonna swap the engine into the GMC and lost interest. I had to make two 4 hr round trips to haul them both home. I parted the chevy and kept the engine. I collected around $1000 worth of parts for the GMC but sold it for $3000 with all of the parts. I made money, but I figure since I had to haul them home, then store them for over a year, why not? Not everyone has the room to have their own private junkyard, and the property tax bill to prove it! (Not ag exempt)
Old 11-27-2012, 04:25 AM   #22
WIDESIDE72

THe guy went by "Cowboy Calvin". He was from Elgin, Tx. I havent heard anything of him for a while. he used to have ads for a bunch of junk in a pasture. It seems it was OK for him to do it, but not me. He told me to "stay out of his neck of the woods" as far as buing trucks, but he came to within 10 miles of me to buy one.

Over the Christmas break a couple of years ago I saw a c list ad for a 69 C20 292 4 speed that had a bad miss. THe kid was going to school at Texas Tech in Lubbock, all the way on the other side of the state and instead of fixing it he was going to sell it and buy a car with better fuel mileage to drive back.. He bought the ruck out there and it was an old farm truck, body was shot, but had a near perfect cab. He wanted $1000 for the truck but since all that was uaseable I told him I could offer $750. He said no and I left him my number. I called him a week later and he said he sold it to a guy from Elgin named CALVIN. He had offered him $400 but the kid said $500 minimum... And I was a crook (!?) FUnny thing is he said the guy pulled it back to Elgin 2 hrs away with a CHAIN in rush hour traffic. Time for a trailer, Calvin!
Old 11-27-2012, 04:27 AM   #23
WIDESIDE72

I asked the kid why he didnt call me for the $750 and he said "I dunno" or actually "Iunno"
Old 11-27-2012, 05:29 AM   #24
huahuamick

You would think he would have atleast fixed all the small stuff and washed it up real nice before relisting it.

huahuamick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:31 AM   #25
Andy4639
Old member

Wink Re: C/L 69 Chevy appears back on C/L 2 days after for resale, been there for 2 months

GMCJOE,
not that I don't believe you but what makes you so sure the other guy ant doing the same thing as this guy? I mean he said he did all the work on the truck right. Do you have proof that he did? I just hate to see someone getting all tore up over stuff for no reason. There are people like this all over the world.
The guy bought a truck at a good price and it's his truck now he can ask whatever price he want's for it and no one has the right to say he can't no matter what. Will he sell it who knows, there are DA's born everyday!
Now is he lying who knows I assume maybe he is but genral public doesn't know this.

In the end is it worth all this hate?
Not taking up for the guy but just seeing everyone talking about this has me wondering is it worth it.
There is nothing wrong with making money!

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote