The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2013, 06:52 PM   #1
JR25

Newb with 235 questions

I have a 1955 2nd P/U (3200) with the 235. Just bought it and am in the process of a frame up resto. This is my FIRST old car project of any type. The engine is currently at the machine shop getting re-bored, and head re-built. Was bored to 40 over by previous owner...... many miles ago so I hope to only go to 60 over, but might have to go 80. I have purchased a Finton dual intake with Tom Langdons Carter 2 barrel progressives as well as Finton headers. I am wanting to install alternator, power steering, and possibly A/C. I have not noticed many belt driven devices on the passenger side, but would think would be the best option for A/C comp. I have been reading a ton of threads and forums on different options for mounting different belt driven items on the 235. I think I would have more options with a double pulley on the end of the crank shaft, but I only have one. Would any of these work for my engine?

http://www.silver-seal.com/category/..._gm.l6_engine/

I am open to ALL suggestions/advice (cam, power steering set up, rack-n-p vs box, pulley set up, etc)!

Thanks,
John
Posted via Mobile Device
JR25 is offline   Reply With Quote