The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2013, 11:31 PM   #1
chevy69chevelle

65 C20 frame-off resto

To start at the beginning, I need a truck to haul some of my toys as our Colorado just isn't up for the task, I toyed with the idea of getting a classic and found one with a fairly decent body. Went to the us to look at it and figured with a minor floor patch, disc brakes, motor/tranny, paint I would have a solid truck... so here it begins...
I picked up an 87 k5 for the tbi 350 and wiring, and a rebuilt 2wd 700r4 out of a 93 for the project before I even picked the truck up..

This is the pictures from the craigslist add

Got it home

pressure washed it

after what I found lying under the primer I decided to do a more thorough check of the truck, didn't look too bad underneath, new floor supports for sure.

then I noticed the rust free rockers were screwed on top of the rusted out ones(forgot the pics as I was shocked, but at least I have those patch panels) Now It's getting a frame-off(which I have never done, so hopefully with help of the factory service manuals, friends, and this forum it will go smoothly), so I started ripping the interior apart this last weekend

and that's how it currently sits. Next weekend I hope to remove the factory power brake set up, remove the old wood, remove the front clip piece by piece and get ready to remove the cab and box.
chevy69chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote