The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-22-2013, 04:56 PM   #1
clemsonteg

Changing paint theme

The SPID on my truck lists 544 as one of the options. I did a search and came up with that being 514 light red and 521 white. I am assuming that currently my truck is red (looks orange) with a white top. After some back and forth I think my next big expense on the truck will be having the rust repaired on the rocker and door and then repainting it. After looking at some different paint colors, I really like the look of the white center section (see pic below). Would this have a negative effect on my trucks value? Is there a particular option when a truck was painted with this scheme?

My truck when I bought it (paint looks better than it really is)

What I would like it to look like
clemsonteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:29 PM   #2
SS Tim

Re: Changing paint theme

The Deluxe Two-Tone (400 series) became available with the 71 trucks. In the 514/521 colors it is code 461. It is often seem applied to earlier trucks and as yours currently has both the upper and lower bodyside moldings it would be a simple addition.
SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:35 PM   #3
clemsonteg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Tim View Post
The Deluxe Two-Tone (400 series) became available with the 71 trucks. In the 514/521 colors it is code 461. It is often seem applied to earlier trucks and as yours currently has both the upper and lower bodyside moldings it would be a simple addition.
Thanks Tim. Everything on it now is correct to the SPID I believe. My main concern was that I wasn't committing some cardinal C10 sin by taking a mostly clean truck and changing the paint theme.
clemsonteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:41 PM   #4
SS Tim

That was interesting...
Do what you want many people like the Deluxe Two-Tone. Though I'd really prefer a truck without it myself as I like solid trucks. But white roofs have there advantages here in the desert too.

Of the many fairly irreversiable changes I see made, a paint change in a stock style is probably about the most accepatble. It is really not even a color change. In fact here is an earlier truck so updated.
Attached Images

Last edited by SS Tim; 06-22-2013 at 06:02 PM. Reason: double post salvage
SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote