The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-30-2013, 02:07 PM   #1
Getthatmoose

new to forum/rebuild ideas

Hello everyone, I am Chris from Chino, Ca i am a new member, been following the site for a while, and decided to share, and get opinions on my truck in what I should do. I love the 67-72 short beds and i have had alot of two wheel drives, but about five years ago at a local car swap meet i came across this 4x4, gave the guy a low ball offer and got it! I love the truck it was clean when i got it, bought it from the second owner, and he had done alot of work but it needed little things to make it to my liking. i put the stainless around the windows and all the tail gate trim, had to dial the motor in,put tilt in it , and i basicly drive it everywhere around town and get lots of looks. for the last year the motor had a bad knock, so the point im at now is i tore it apart powdercoated the frame and tons of other parts and have the back end back together, just got the motor back and ordered vintage air for it, i also mounted kodiak steps, and bought just for looks off craigs list some fox resivoir shocks. I dont wanna change a whole lot on the truck i like its the second owner, not a drop of rust,just a clean truck, and the debate im in now is 700r4 or not? Like i said i just drive it local very rarely take it on the fwy. is it worth putting it in ? Im also debating getting it together and selling it and my nova I think a dream vehicle i want is a crewcab short bed 72 i would love to build one, let me know what you think, and i will post progress as i go, im waiting on the air to come in and i ordered all stainless brake lines, and my exhaust to come back from being jet hot coated, so i got time to clean up and paint some other parts. I am excited to hear your thoughts and share
Attached Images

Getthatmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:16 PM   #2
Agent915

Re: new to forum/rebuild ideas

Welcome to the board from Alabama! Nice toys you have there Chris.

Danny
Agent915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:36 PM   #3
SuperC10Tex

Welcome from Texas!!!

"An intellectual is a man who takes more words than necessary to tell more than he knows"
SuperC10Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #4
stsalvage
Scrapper 1

was it a factory Air truck when you got it cus the Air box and all the truff is getting pretty saw after now days
stsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:12 PM   #5
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Welcome to the board truck looks nice maybe someday mine will be pretty again and be a longer twin to yours..lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #6
Getthatmoose

Hello and thank you for the welcomes, I have been off the last two days and got quite a bit done, picked my motor up from the engine shop(it was a new place i tried, was sort of pissed, i was missing alot of parts, like my oil pan harmonic balancer oil pump, oil filter mount, all the hardware,alot! and had to go back and ask for them for it back as well as assemble alot of it myself, wont be going back!) but anyways, got my stainless lines, and got to work. I decided to keep the turbo 350, instead of going with the 700r4, for the price and, the amount i drive on the fwy, and also I wanna keep it pretty stock looking. I also got alot of powder coat and my exhaust manifolds back that i had jet hot coated, still waiting on the vintage air to come in. i will post pics of progress i made, i am excited to get it going agaian, but, i think when i get it back together it is going to be forsale, i just cant get out of my head building a crew cab 72 shortbed, i just dont have any idea what the truck will be worth when im done
Attached Images

Old 07-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #7
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Great looking truck and your attention to detail is very nice. Keep up the good work and Welcome from Michigan.
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:12 AM   #8
stsalvage
Scrapper 1

Not sure if selling the truck with out the 700R4 is not a good selling point.If your don't drive it.But the person that dose buy it might like knowing that the truck there in has the best of both worlds and the trans Is not a major change.You have to look at it as a Up grade just like your vintage Air.Gas is at 4.00 a gallon I had to stop driving my old chevy trucks do to gas mileage.In your next built if you add a 700R4 think about putting in a gear vender there 2500.00 but you get a 8 speed out of a 700R4 and that would make your next extended cab short bed a wonderful driver with a 4.11 rear gear and a 8 speed and a 1 peace drive shaft you will peal the tires off your truck But final gear will be 2.91 at 2300 RPM's at 120 mph.that truck would just glide
stsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:53 AM   #9
Getthatmoose

Ok so I am back! Been out the last few weeks between work and little vacation, but I finaly got all my parts in got the underside of the hood painted and the fire wall block off plate painted so the the last two days, I put some serious work in, The motor got started today and all dialed in, I got all the AC in (didnt like having to cut my dash for the ac vents i was scared i was going to scratch the paint). So all thats left is to bleed the brakes, bolt the hood on and get the ac charged, but im heading out on vacation again so it will be a few weeks before it gets finished! I did decide that I am going to sell the truck i really want to build a crew cab 72 4x4 short bed. I am wondering what its worth, and i would like some input. I am the second owner, and its spotless now beds straight not a dent, not a drop of rust, you could eat off the undercarrage,i had everthing powdercoated, it has tilt tack, ps pb, and now has ac, and the motor is number matching, i even have the original protecta plate. I really have no idea what it is worth, You see them priced all over the place, i am in it now after doing the recent stuff for 18000, let me know.
Attached Images

Old 07-20-2013, 03:11 AM   #10
In The Ten Ring

A strikingly beautiful truck! If I had the money, I'd buy it right now!

Good luck on the sale and your next project.....I have wanted a custom (duh) extended cab K10 (1972?) for some time now myself.

ITTR
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:11 AM   #11
kornfed

Nice looking truck! I personally think you made the right choice keeping the TBH350.
kornfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:14 AM   #12
mcmlxix
Collector of Projects

Your truck looks great... if your looking for a 67-72 CrewCab, check out this CL ad... atvpro, one of the members here built it... Its not a short bed, but you can have him build you one the way you like... CLICK HERE OR HERE

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/3834222971.html

D60 BIG BRAKE UPGRADE Click HERE
mcmlxix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:25 AM   #13
kornfed

That CL build is awesome, but $65K? WOW!
Old 07-20-2013, 05:32 AM   #14
mcmlxix
Collector of Projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornfed View Post
That CL build is awesome, but $65K? WOW!
Alot of man hours making the crew cab with a working 4th door...

D60 BIG BRAKE UPGRADE Click HERE
mcmlxix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:00 AM   #15
kornfed

I agree there was a lot of hours in building this rig. I'd love to check it out. Heck, I'd love to be able to afford it..lol