The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-18-2013, 09:48 PM   #1
mesaridge

Another New Member From Colorado

Evening-

New Guy here just a little South of Colorado Springs. Ive wanted a K20 since I drove one as a 14 yr old kid taking care of some horses for the summer. Everything didn't come together until this month when I found a truck...

Prolly paid just a little too much for it but that's alright...I'd have paid more to get it looking like it is.

Im looking forward to the input and knowledge that can be found from y'all.
mesaridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:19 PM   #2
med.bronze

Re: Another New Member From Colorado

Well welcome from Montana! Looking forward to seeing some pics of your K20
Posted via Mobile Device

1971 K-10 Custom Deluxe

1971 K-10 Custom
med.bronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:14 AM   #3
Tinkermc

Sounds good, welcome to the Forum and WE NEED PICTURES !!!!
Tinkermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:31 AM   #4
67Slider

Gotta see some pics. Welcome from Pueblo West. We've got a strong Colorado presence here on the forum.
67Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:42 AM   #5
gvw5400

Welcome!, I think many of us have had the "did I spend too much?" thought. All is right if You like the K20 and want to keep it. BTW is your truck a 350 ,4spd, Big block,6 banger,3ott,307 we want to know and SEE PICTURES! Welcome again.
gvw5400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:37 AM   #6
bowtie72

Welcome. We need some pics!
Old 07-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #7
RenoKeene
Florida Edition

Welcome from down here in Florida also!
71 Serro Scotty Sportsman camper "Scotty"
97 LT1 Z28 "The Hornet"

Link to more pics of "Rose" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...p?albumid=1684

Check out my "Cheap Tricks" thread and add to it if you can, lots of good info there. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
RenoKeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:06 AM   #8
mesaridge

Ok Folks...here's what about half a dozen of you asked for...pictures...

I decided to call it "INAE" for "I need An Education"

It's got a 350, TH350, and NP205. It appears to me to be original. There's been work to it though. This is it's 2nd coat of paint...A PO either backed into something or was rear ended. I believe the bed has been off, the hood has been off but all in all a decent looking truck. It took a long time for me to find one that wasn't in need of a lot of work, ran, and the wife would be seen in.

Ive had to do a couple of things...tie rod ends and a drag link. The steering gear bolts were half out when I bought it...Ive got a new fuel sending unit...waiting on the o-ring now...Ive got ball joints...and a rag joint...just waiting for my better half to go out of town next week to install them. Ive got engine, transmission, and transfer gasket/seal kits too. After I get that all in I should be able to spring for a dual exhaust set up

Its going to take awhile to get it where I want it. I'll probably have to move before I can think about a "frame off" because my driveway is too steep and the garage is full of other heirlooms.

If you've been around this truck before or know about it feel free to chime in...

I'm looking forward to the education.

Old 07-28-2013, 01:20 AM   #9
med.bronze

That is a very nice pickup. Great color scheme too. Although the motor doesn't look like its the original it looks really decent and definately a great start. I really like it and I know plenty of guys that wouldn't mind finding a good solid K20 like yours. Well done
Posted via Mobile Device

1971 K-10 Custom Deluxe

1971 K-10 Custom
Old 07-28-2013, 03:43 AM   #10
Lated

Welcome to the madness. Looks like you have a great truck to start tinkering around with.

'70 SWB Step-Side (More rust than metal)
Lated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:40 AM   #11
mesaridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by med.bronze View Post
That is a very nice pickup. Great color scheme too. Although the motor doesn't look like its the original it looks really decent and definately a great start. I really like it and I know plenty of guys that wouldn't mind finding a good solid K20 like yours. Well done
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for the compliments guys. I felt lucky to find one in that kind of shape.

I agree with you on the block...the dark color screams rebuild or transplant...The hood has lines drawn around the upper hinges too.

I hope to have the engine out this weekend or next. It has so many small leaks, and two bigger one's that Ive decided to throw some gasket sets at it and the drive train. It shouldn't take too long to replace the gaskets barring any surprises.

I don't know if I'll have it back in before Elk season starts on the 31st of August though. I'll be hunting until I tag out or Jan 31st...
Old 07-28-2013, 11:28 AM   #12
med.bronze

My K10 Custom Deluxe has the same olive interior as yours does and a few years ago I was able to locate a seat cover with the scroll patern in the center with NOS cloth inserts. What are your plans for the interior?
Posted via Mobile Device

1971 K-10 Custom Deluxe

1971 K-10 Custom
Old 07-28-2013, 02:18 PM   #13
mesaridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by med.bronze View Post
My K10 Custom Deluxe has the same olive interior as yours does and a few years ago I was able to locate a seat cover with the scroll patern in the center with NOS cloth inserts. What are your plans for the interior?
Posted via Mobile Device
When the cab gets yanked in a couple of years im going to repaint it the same color. It really doesn't need it but there are some holes drilled along the bottom edge of the dash...I assume a PO had a cb...maybe electric brake controls mounted there...so it'll get painted that light olive...how much is in question.

I like the bench seats so I'll find something to re-upholster/replace the black cover that's on it. I actually like the twill looking sets that we see on older benches. The arm rests need replaced but the inner door panels are good. The steering wheel and horn button will be replaced.

The steering column needs some attention. Any advice there would help. Until (if ever) I put another pack (engine/trans/trans) Id like to keep that column.

The cab floor has some rust under the drivers side floor where it meets the rocker...another reason to put some paint and other effort into the cab...
Old 07-29-2013, 11:42 PM   #14
Fastandcrazy

Welcome from Colorado Springs.