The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-15-2014, 09:50 PM   #1
layinframe

rear suspension

lookin to upgrade my rear suspension would like to get away from the leafs to some thing better would like to go a little lower and that can handle some hp some input would be appreciated

My greatest fear is when I die my wife will sell all my truck parts for what I told her they costs
layinframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:14 PM   #2
CHRIS67GMC

Re: rear suspension

No-Limit Fat Bar great forward bite.
CHRIS67GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:26 AM   #3
Scottshotrods

One more option will be our Scotts standard 4-bar kit.Let us know if you have any questions you can send us a e-mail at scotts@scottshotrods.com
Scottshotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:46 AM   #4
Pro Performance

What year truck do you have? Is this a 67-72 with leafs? or a later 73-87? Are you looking to switch to a coilover, or go with air ride? From your profile, it looks like this is for a 73-87.

A 4-link system will work well as mentioned above, but would also consider a trailing arm setup from Porterbuilt.

63-72 Version (Shown with coilover, but bags can be done.

73-87 Version (Shown with bags, but coilover can be done)
Pro Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:51 AM   #5
markiemark

subscribed... my 67 is sitting quite low now but on leafs. Is there a spring conversion yet keeping the cost low? Sorry if I hijacked your thread.. Thanks
markiemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:52 AM   #6
layinframe

85 like to step notch it tryin to stay away from air

My greatest fear is when I die my wife will sell all my truck parts for what I told her they costs
Old 01-16-2014, 12:45 PM   #7
CHRIS67GMC

First thing you need to consider is do you want any performance or adjustability.

Parallel 4-bars when at ride height you get what you have. Most of the time there mounted parallel so you get little performance gain. They are fine for a street car.

Trailing arms are a lot like a ladder bar. So if built at correct angles at ride height they can be effective. The negative here is pinion angle is fixed.

A true 4-link with adjustable brackets give you the best option to dial in your truck.

Here is a good article.

http://www.raceglides.com.au/files/f...erbar-tips.pdf
CHRIS67GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:33 PM   #8
Pro Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by markiemark View Post
subscribed... my 67 is sitting quite low now but on leafs. Is there a spring conversion yet keeping the cost low? Sorry if I hijacked your thread.. Thanks
You can search and acquire all the factory parts to convert over to a coil spring rear, or you can go with the PB stage 2 deluxe kit. The stage 2 deluxe kit can be ordered without bags, and would just place in your coil spring. I don't know of a kit other than this, that would be a "conversion" for you.

http://www.azproperformance.com/Port...eluxe-Kit.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by layinframe View Post
85 like to step notch it tryin to stay away from air
I understand. If wanting to do a static drop with a step notch in the rear, I would suggest a drop member up front to match that lower ride height and gain a lot of other benefits by switching.

Feel free to call me, and we can go over in detail. We can look at what ride height you want to achieve, plans for the truck, and what components would be good to achieve that goal.

Always best to research all options / manufacturers, and make your decision from there.

Travis
480-420-8175

Static dropped blazer on a PB front extreme coil-over setup. Custom rear setup.

Static drop on a PB front mild / rear stage 2 coil-over setup.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:28 PM   #9
layinframe

Quote:
Originally Posted by markiemark View Post
np

Old 01-16-2014, 07:41 PM   #10
layinframe

I understand. If wanting to do a static drop with a step notch in the rear, I would suggest a drop member up front to match that lower ride height and gain a lot of other benefits by switching.

Feel free to call me, and we can go over in detail. We can look at what ride height you want to achieve, plans for the truck, and what components would be good to achieve that goal.

Always best to research all options / manufacturers, and make your decision from there.

Travis
480-420-8175

Static dropped blazer on a PB front extreme coil-over setup. Custom rear setup.

would love for my ride height to be the same as the blazers on 24"s is that gunna happen . and more on the performance side

Old 01-16-2014, 07:49 PM   #11
Pro Performance

You can have that low ride height with the extreme PB coil over version.... and still retain the performance aspect. Depending on how aggressive you want to drive, you may want to upgrade to the RideTech HQ coil overs vs. the RideTech RQ that come with the kit.

To maximize performance, I would suggest stepping down the diameter of the wheel, in order to shed some weight from the wheels. The larger wheels will have more rotating mass. But, understand some of it is for looks as well. Can't beat a slammed truck on big billet wheels.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:02 PM   #12
layinframe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Performance View Post
You can have that low ride height with the extreme PB coil over version.... and still retain the performance aspect. Depending on how aggressive you want to drive, you may want to upgrade to the RideTech HQ coil overs vs. the RideTech RQ that come with the kit.

To maximize performance, I would suggest stepping down the diameter of the wheel, in order to shed some weight from the wheels. The larger wheels will have more rotating mass. But, understand some of it is for looks as well. Can't beat a slammed truck on big billet wheels.
soon to be a weekend cruzer as far as aggressive would just be a light to light not to worried about handling don't plan on rallying it low fast and loud is what im goin for

Old 01-16-2014, 08:19 PM   #13
layinframe

currant ride height but id like this just about 4"to 5" higher
Attached Images