The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-17-2014, 08:18 PM   #1
farmall1

potential truck purchase

Hey guys. This is my first post here. I have a friend that has a truck he wants to move and I am considering it. He has a 69 C10 long bed 4wd with 350, 3 speed and 12 bolt rear ends. It is a 350 truck but not the original motor. Is has been sitting for about 10 years. His dad bought it used in 70 and he got it when he started driving in about 1992 or so. He drove it, rebuilt the motor in 2002 and then parked around 2004. It is a factory 4 x4. I checked it over today. The frame looks solid, the motor doesn't run but turns over (no fire), no seat, sunroof (yea, I know) doesn't appear to be leaking. The hood, doors, grille and front fenders are pretty good. Now, my first question is "is this a rare truck?" I think I can get it for $1000 or so. It has aftermarket aluminum wheels and tires that are black and round. I feel like it could be worth more than that parted out. But might be worth a bit more if I can get it running. What do you all think?
farmall1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 08:22 PM   #2
67-4x4

Re: potential truck purchase

all those old 67/72 4x4s are getting hard to find I had to go to wa state to find one . if that's what you want and it has potential go for it
67-4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 08:40 PM   #3
pickupman

Any 4wd of this era in the condition you are describing is worth that in this part of the country

67 1/2 ton 4wd custom cab
72 1/2 ton 4wd super cheyenne
71 1/2 BB super cheyenne shortbed
pickupman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 08:41 PM   #4
71swb4x4

I don't think it's all that rare. Black and round tires are pretty special though...

There are a lot of vehicles on the road that are worth more parted out. Parting a truck out is no easy task, it takes a ton of time, you deal with a lot of people (some good, a lot not so good), and there are always a few things leftover that you pretty much have to throw away.

In my opinion, if it's a solid truck, and it's fairly easy to get running, then get it running and sell it whole. Sure as parts it's worth a bit more, but the time you will have invested will be much less.
Now, as a truck that's been sitting 10 years, it may not be that easy, and if it takes a ton of time and money just to get it running then parting it out may be your answer.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:42 PM   #5
Tinkermc

Welcome to the Forum and we need pictures.
Tinkermc is offline   Reply With Quote