The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2014, 04:26 PM   #1
PrimoOptimoso

New here - addicted to these trucks

Hi guys.

I'm new. I don't have a '60s GM pickup at the moment, but I think they're mighty fine.

I actually started looking at them on a whim one day while I was trying to find a Jeep, and finding jeeps harder and harder to find optioned the way I want, and think these C10s are very reasonably priced (clean and decent for 10k; I don't need a show car). Plus, it doesn't hurt that the 60s is probably my favorite styling era. (Full disclaimer, I did have a chevy SSR for a little bit and thought that was cool, but the 60s style is even cooler than the 50s style the SSR was modeled on.)

Anyways, so I am looking right now. Got snaked out of a gorgeous black 66 on Friday (seriously, who sells a car in the middle of negotiations with someone else? just a little courtesy, man.) Maybe you guys can help me know what to look out for.

Like I said, I want a good truck, not necessary to be a show truck. If all is well I *want* to daily it (I have a 15 mile commute and don't plan to roadtrip it). I'm looking for a short stepside, mayyyybe a short fleetside if that's all I can find. If it ain't black with a wood bed kit, it will probably be eventually.

My first newbie question is this: how crucial is it to get one with, or convert one to, PS/PB? I know it'd be nice, but is it a brute without them?

Cheers

Last edited by PrimoOptimoso; 07-14-2014 at 04:36 PM.
PrimoOptimoso is offline   Reply With Quote