The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2014, 10:03 PM   #1
Dan in Pasadena

Question About "Stance" After IFS Installation

I recently posted I bought a Fatman Fabrications IFS kit and need advice on rear suspension mods that'll give me a nice stance. I want the truck lower with flat or slightly lower front end but not low enough to give me problems entering/exiting driveways, etc. It'll be a driver, but I hope a nice looking driver. Non airbags, period.

Right now I am running 235/75x15's or approximately 29" tall...(well, 28.98" to be exact). These rims/tires are 5x4.75's, the kit has a 5x5 lug pattern. So they may be leaving. A buddy is offering some used chrome TT's, with new 235/70x15 BFG's on them. They'll be slightly over 28". I'm not a big fan of these but he's offering the set at a very good price.

The kit instructions claim it'll lower the truck "3-4". But my front spring packs are honked up with one less leaf on one side than the other! So the only thing I know is it'll be SOMEWHAT lower than now but since I don't know where my front height is compared to a truck with "good" old, and matching leafs I'm kinda blind til it's done.

Right now I'm thinking of flipping my rear axle on top of the leafs but flipping the spring hangers ala THIS thread:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ight=Flip+rear

...for a total rear drop of about () 5.5"

Do you think this'll result in an approximately level to slightly raked stance? Other suggestions?

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote