The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-08-2015, 11:34 AM   #1
luvbowties

Smile alibaba.com

Hey, guys, anybody bought any product from "www.alibaba.com"? Apparently it is a Chinese version of Ebay in the US.
I've learned just a little from reading on a forum I just happened upon while on my daughter's computer. That was late-night, and I did not reference it to get back; and now I am interested again.
Any information/experiences that anyone has had, I'd appreciate hearing about it. Also, is it actually a "Chinese Ebay"?
Thanks,
Sam
luvbowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 11:59 AM   #2
jdl71

Re: alibaba.com

I remember a big to do about it when they had their IPO a few months ago but that's it. I did not know they actually had a US presence.

64 C10

66 K20
jdl71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 12:17 PM   #3
gmachinz
Account Suspended

Its more like a Chinese version of Amazon. Since they have big manufacturing areas they are trying to get a piece of the internet mail order business. I wouldn't buy from them tho. Imagine if China ends up as the largest buyer of bulk raw materials AND takes over as the largest online supplier of everything? No competition then, crap quality, etc. I find it odd they try to limit their own peoples access to the internet while at the same time wanting everybody to purchase their junk. Never mind the price manipulations of their own IPO stock value-to date I don't believe they've disclosed to investors exactly how their business model guarantees a return. Its risky dealing with overseas (aka communist) companies IMO.
gmachinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 06:08 PM   #4
dirtyjim

i ran across it a while back searching for gunparts, everything on that site is counterfeit. if you feel comfortable giving our cc info to a company in china and taking the chance that what you ordered might get seized by customs go for it. if they accepted paypal i might try it but right now the only way i would chance it would be with a prepaid card that is not linked to my bank account. i used to keep one just for that purpose
Old 05-08-2015, 06:28 PM   #5
gmachinz
Account Suspended

Yeah.....I can't imagine needing much that I'd have to buy overseas and wait for the damn boat to arrive.
gmachinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 08:49 PM   #6
franken

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmachinz View Post
Its more like a Chinese version of Amazon. Since they have big manufacturing areas they are trying to get a piece of the internet mail order business. I wouldn't buy from them tho. Imagine if China ends up as the largest buyer of bulk raw materials AND takes over as the largest online supplier of everything? No competition then, crap quality, etc. I find it odd they try to limit their own peoples access to the internet while at the same time wanting everybody to purchase their junk. Never mind the price manipulations of their own IPO stock value-to date I don't believe they've disclosed to investors exactly how their business model guarantees a return. Its risky dealing with overseas (aka communist) companies IMO.
Most everything comes from Asia as it is. Raw materials? We've become an exporter of scrap (raw materials) to make all the stuff we and the world buy.

Is competition having a distributor of Asian goods acting as a buffer better than buying directly? The larger issue is the US chooses not to compete in a global market. The Asians compete, initially produce an inferior product, gain market share, improve the product and in the case of Japan repeat, or China, simply increase market share and drive prices down until quality manufacturers die off. But where does the cash come from? The world buying those fenders, nail clippers, rubber bands, etc.

Counterfeit gun parts? I doubt the makers hide where the parts come from. But they aren't selling them. You can buy the same stuff here with the sticker rubbed off. You know its junk by the price, but they're getting better. Look a Chinese knives.
franken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 11:53 PM   #7
Bladeboy1998

Are you talking abut aliexpress? It is mostly counterfeit stuff. Just a bunch of garbage, I wouldn't give them another penny. I bought a knife to just test out (fake esee izula) just having them next to each other yu can tell they are fake. This is only 1 example, but I know there is many more.
Bladeboy1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 02:28 AM   #8
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

They sell wholesale lots. You inquire, the seller contacts you via email. Have not purchased anything yet, but have inquired about items for the store.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 07:27 AM   #9
dirtyjim

one of the problems with Chinese counterfeits is in china as long as they don't put the manufacture or companies name on whatever they copied its not considered counterfeiting there.
if a company contracts anything out in china any parts or products that don't meet the quality control for that customer are rebadged and sold. once a product is revamped or changed the old assembly line keeps going with the exact same product but with a different color paint and a new manufactures label and slightly different part number.