The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-30-2015, 08:04 PM   #1
jerry moss
Born Psycho

Unhappy went looking for K5 parts today

went to three different local yards today looking for parts for my 71 blazer. found one mostly complete K5-a rusted out POS, a 69 or 70 panel sitting on a late model 4x4 frame, body didn't look too rusty and another 69-72 panel 2wd. they want 1500 each for the blazer and the 4x4 panel and i forgot to ask about the 2wd panel. problem is, they are all sitting on top of shipping containers so it's impossible to see inside. the two panels looked as if they had potential but the blazer was junk in my opinion unless it was loaded with options.
69 suburban K20-tilt,tach,vacuum,speedwarning,buckets,shoulder belts,am/fm,4 inch all spring lift,4 speed, 14 bolt full floater, dana 44 HD,warn winch,posi front and rear,tow hooks,plus other goodies.
73/80 chevy/gmc K20 SB400,turbo 400,205,tilt,a-c,gas hog.
77 K/5 cheyenne blazer-daily driver/beater. SON HAS IT NOW
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
jerry moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 08:07 PM   #2
Bladeboy1998

Re: went looking for K5 parts today

Tow hooks? Lol that is a damn shame
Bladeboy1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 08:59 PM   #3
truckster

Yeah, I visited a Barrett-Jackson Pick-N-Pull type of yard a couple of weeks ago. They are sitting on gold mines, but they don't have to treat each part like it was made of gold.
truckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 09:52 PM   #4
jerry moss
Born Psycho

Smile Re: went looking for K5 parts today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladeboy1998 View Post
Tow hooks? Lol that is a damn shame
i wish it had tow hooks. that poor thing looked like it would fall to pieces if you tried to move it. it was either from our coast or somewhere back east. sad part is, i need a bunch of small pieces off it but the owner says all or nothing. i might go back and see if they will let me climb up there and look inside. who knows, maybe tilt, tach, am/fm, a-c, shoulder belts, yeah right. with my luck it's probably gutted out,lol.
69 suburban K20-tilt,tach,vacuum,speedwarning,buckets,shoulder belts,am/fm,4 inch all spring lift,4 speed, 14 bolt full floater, dana 44 HD,warn winch,posi front and rear,tow hooks,plus other goodies.
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
Old 05-30-2015, 09:54 PM   #5
jerry moss
Born Psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckster View Post
Yeah, I visited a Barrett-Jackson Pick-N-Pull type of yard a couple of weeks ago. They are sitting on gold mines, but they don't have to treat each part like it was made of gold.
aint that the truth, they act like they have the "ONLY ONE" chevrolet ever built
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
Old 05-30-2015, 10:36 PM   #6
Bladeboy1998

We need pics, I love seeing these old rigs. Not necessarily in a junk yard, but seeing them in general.
Old 05-31-2015, 01:37 PM   #7
jerry moss
Born Psycho

Red face Re: went looking for K5 parts today

Quote:
We need pics, I love seeing these old rigs. Not necessarily in a junk yard, but seeing them in general.
sorry guys and gals, i still do not have any idea on how to post pics
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
Old 05-31-2015, 01:38 PM   #8
Bladeboy1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry moss View Post
sorry guys and gals, i still do not have any idea on how to post pics
The easiest way to post pics I have found is photobucket. Just sign up, it's free. It will let you select embed photo and just paste the link here. If you want you can email them to me and I can upload them.
Old 05-31-2015, 05:17 PM   #9
jerry moss
Born Psycho

Quote:
The easiest way to post pics I have found is photobucket. Just sign up, it's free. It will let you select embed photo and just paste the link here. If you want you can email them to me and I can upload them.
next time i go out i'll dig up my camera and see if my dumb a$$ can figure it out
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
Old 05-31-2015, 05:44 PM   #10
Bladeboy1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry moss View Post
next time i go out i'll dig up my camera and see if my dumb a$$ can figure it out
Please do! I don't get to see much of these old trucks around my area so it is a treat to me
Old 06-14-2015, 06:16 PM   #11
jerry moss
Born Psycho

Red face Re: went looking for K5 parts today

o.k. guys/gals. the rusty old turd came home yesterday(6-12). i finally found my camera and it's charging. i will make an attempt at taking/posting pics later today if all goes well then will start taking the poor old thing apart. so far the ONLY piece of sheetmetal that MIGHT be useable is the windshield frame, will find out after i take out the windshield.
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
Old 06-14-2015, 09:01 PM   #12
Blue GMC

Must have had some good treasures inside to make it worth the effort then.
Blue GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 09:30 PM   #13
'68OrangeSunshine

That's funny Jerry. I remember back 16 years ago when Southern Arizona was all fished out for 1st Gen Blazer parts by Snowbird Pickers and I had to cruise up to the Bay Area for good K/5 parts. I still have the Blazer windshield frame you sold me. Just waiting to find a good body shop.
I've seen the top-of-the-conex box trick myself. Local junker had a white fibreglas 1st Gen Blazer top sitting on a container-- missing the hatch, even -- and he wanted $600 for it!

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 11:33 PM   #14
jerry moss
Born Psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue GMC View Post
Must have had some good treasures inside to make it worth the effort then.
no real treasures, just a bunch of "stuff" that is missing from the one we are trying to build. the rusty one is pretty much complete minus the seats and radio. it even came with patch panels for the floors, rocker panels, rocker boxes and some other unidentified patches-i have no idea as to how they intended to patch it together on the inside when the outside is rotted away too.
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
Old 06-15-2015, 11:34 AM   #15
Bladeboy1998

I don't know if these are grouped correctly or not. I tried to put them together.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:44 AM   #16
jerry moss
Born Psycho

Thumbs up Re: went looking for K5 parts today

thanks for posting the pics for me. the first pics are of the 71 we are planning on building-the one thats only a tub and frame. the 72 rustbucket is the donor for all the little things missing from the 71. haven't pulled the windshield from the 72 yet to see if the w/s frame is good or not, if it is good, it will be the ONLY useable sheetmetal on it. it's going to be a long process.
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA