The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-06-2015, 02:00 PM   #1
bigwin59

Brakes on 62 c10 has anyone....

Has anyone installed the spindle conversions from brothers, lmc or else where? We have already decided to use a power booster for my sons 62 c10. Was at Brothers yesterday and saw their spindle conversion kit I am seriously thinking about it. Wondering how hard the install would be and if any other mods would have to be done to the front end and if the brake lines need to be passed through the frame or mounted to the frame.
He has been working his tail off with his job to purchase his needed parts so I figured we could buy the conversion kit for him.
Thanks in advance for advice.

His build is on instagram c10build_flatwhite
bigwin59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 04:36 PM   #2
forestb

Re: Brakes on 62 c10 has anyone....

I have done it to min and it was not all that difficult just fallow the directions. Make sure you get a good bracket for installing the new brake booster. One might come with the kit. You will have to run new lines and you might be able to use the old mounting locations for this. When I first did mine I don't think they were mounted to any thing but that does not mean it is a good idea. I don't think they have to run through the frame. This would also be a good time to replace your ball joint if they need to be replaced but watch out those can be expensive for a 62. If you do a smart search you should be able to find a thread with a lot more information on the install and also the best place to purchase the kit and new ball joints.
forestb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 05:10 PM   #3
slepysal

I just did mine.1960 very similar to a 1962.
Do you have a m/t or automatic? If you have a manual adding a booster can be a challenge, but use Captin Fabs adaptor.

here is a link to my swap
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ight=1960+disc

"Over, Around or through it... "
slepysal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 01:18 PM   #4
bigwin59

We put a 700r4 trans in for him. it was a manual he wanted it to be automatic.
Guess I will buy the disc brake kit for him.

We have some wiring issues to figure out still, hopefully by the end of weekend that part will be done. Then put the seats in and hope to start the minor body work to get it to paint shop. It has been 10 months since we started.

Trying to get it on the road for his birthday in December so he can drive it for the rest of his senior year in high school.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:25 PM   #5
slepysal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwin59 View Post
We put a 700r4 trans in for him. it was a manual he wanted it to be automatic.
Guess I will buy the disc brake kit for him.

We have some wiring issues to figure out still, hopefully by the end of weekend that part will be done. Then put the seats in and hope to start the minor body work to get it to paint shop. It has been 10 months since we started.

Trying to get it on the road for his birthday in December so he can drive it for the rest of his senior year in high school.
Very Nice !!! Any pics?

"Over, Around or through it... "
slepysal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 01:32 PM   #6
bigwin59

Quote:
Originally Posted by slepysal View Post
Very Nice !!! Any pics?
He takes more than I do. I will have him send me some pics and then i can post them. He posts all of his pictures on instagram. His profile is c10build_flatwhite