The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-15-2016, 09:02 PM   #1
Steven R

I lost my hardware...

So I am looking to replace some lost hardware bolts. I have misplaced the motor mount bolts the ones that hold the motor to the perch on the frame. When I try to find them online all I fine is the newer long bolt and tube style.

I remember the bolt was a 3/8 thread about 1.75 inch long and had a really thick washer on them. I just dont know where to find what I am looking for.

for the record I have a 71 gmc longhorn with a factory 350 SBC

now for the second set of lost hardware. I need to know what type and size of the three bolt and nuts needed to mount the torque converter to the flywheel. The parts store said to try the dealer ship... I really hate the thought of that. From my photos they look like a short bolt with a flange type head looks like a 1/2 inch head about 9/16 long. I am assuming they are a hardened bolt and nut. pls help

same truck 71 gmc longhorn sbc 350 and a 350 trans auto
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 09:16 PM   #2
OregonNed

Re: I lost my hardware...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
So I am looking to replace some lost hardware bolts. I have misplaced the motor mount bolts the ones that hold the motor to the perch on the frame. When I try to find them online all I fine is the newer long bolt and tube style.

I remember the bolt was a 3/8 thread about 1.75 inch long and had a really thick washer on them. I just dont know where to find what I am looking for.

for the record I have a 71 gmc longhorn with a factory 350 SBC

now for the second set of lost hardware. I need to know what type and size of the three bolt and nuts needed to mount the torque converter to the flywheel. The parts store said to try the dealer ship... I really hate the thought of that. From my photos they look like a short bolt with a flange type head looks like a 1/2 inch head about 9/16 long. I am assuming they are a hardened bolt and nut. pls help

same truck 71 gmc longhorn sbc 350 and a 350 trans auto
LMC has some pretty good diagrams on their online site that shows hardware and parts in many scenarios - maybe that could help?
Old 09-15-2016, 09:47 PM   #3
71swb4x4

I am doing an engine swap right now. As a matter of fact I pulled these torque convertor bolts about 15 minutes ago.
Here is what I am measuring:

Torque converter bolts
threaded portion 1/2" long
fine threads
3/8" bolt

Engine mount bolt
threaded portion 1 1/4" long
coarse threads
7/16" bolt

Edit:
dealerships have some reasonably priced parts. Sure, they have expensive ones too, but don't count them out without trying first. Call if you don't want to walk in.

Edit 2:
Photo for reference
Attached Images

Last edited by 71swb4x4; 09-15-2016 at 09:52 PM.
71swb4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 12:04 PM   #4
1969c10joe

my local napa auto parts has hardware when I pulled my engine I found many missing bolts. I would have to buy different sizes and return the wrong ones.Summit and Jegs offer bolt kits.
1969c10joe is offline   Reply With Quote