The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2016, 10:17 PM   #1
nail pounder

Engine swap, hei & alternator wiring question

I'm knee deep swapping the 235 out for a 350 in my 58 Apache and I have a couple questions. I did a search and have read up on it and I think I have my head wrapped around it, but thought I'd ask. From what I've read, the HEI wants 12v continually, so I need to bypass/remove my ballast resistor and get 12v to crank and run position on ignition? I found the wiring diagram below on a couple threads for the alternator conversion and want to verify that it's correct. I'm concerned about the amp meter having too much juice running through it, maybe I've read too many threads and could be over thinking things a bit. To be honest I'm not concerned about it being functional at all, I'm more worried about burning the truck down and possibly my house in the process let me know if this swap is really as simple as the diagram below. Thanks in advance for your help!
Attached Images

nail pounder is offline   Reply With Quote