The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-19-2016, 01:32 PM   #1
IHutch5R

Air baggin questions please help

Alright, I'm thinking about bagging my 66' swb. I've always said I wouldn't but it kinda seems like that's the only way I'm going to get the stance I want.

My questions are; if i keep my factory trailing arms what all do I need to do besides a c notch, shock relocation, and adjustable Panhard bar? Do I need to add any crossmember support or change the trailing arm/ driveline crossmember?
I was also looking at the replacement trailing arm/ mild c notch kit. What direction would yall suggest? I'm new to this whole airbag thing so I have no clue. Thanks guys.
Picture of the trailing arm kit I was looking at.
Attached Images

IHutch5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 12:08 AM   #2
Ghernandez66

Re: Air baggin questions please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHutch5R View Post
Alright, I'm thinking about bagging my 66' swb. I've always said I wouldn't but it kinda seems like that's the only way I'm going to get the stance I want.

My questions are; if i keep my factory trailing arms what all do I need to do besides a c notch, shock relocation, and adjustable Panhard bar? Do I need to add any crossmember support or change the trailing arm/ driveline crossmember?
I was also looking at the replacement trailing arm/ mild c notch kit. What direction would yall suggest? I'm new to this whole airbag thing so I have no clue. Thanks guys.
Picture of the trailing arm kit I was looking at.
It all depends on how low you want to go....I'm runing stock trailing arms with a big c notch and modified trailing arm xmember (you can purchase a nice xmember for couple hundred now) the c notch pictured will get you lower than stock by few inches
Old 11-20-2016, 09:04 AM   #3
The Rocknrod

Re: Air baggin questions please help

I c-notched mine.
Then put in the CCP shock cross member because the rear end hit the stock cross member in the middle when lowered all the way.
The only reason I bought the POL training arms is "it was cool". Did I "need" them? No.
The Trailing arm cross member was purchased because it was cool too. But the judgment is still out on that until I put in the driveshaft. I had already opened up each side of the stock Xmember to run the exhaust thru the Xmember vice under it. Did I "need" it? We shall see.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...6&postcount=35
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...7&postcount=36
You can always adjust the pinion angle with shims.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote