The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-28-2016, 05:46 AM   #1
tristan

Upholstery Opinions Wanted

I am ready to start the re-upholstering of my front and rear seats and will also be replacing the door panels, rear side panels (I have a 71 Jimmy Custom) and the carpet. I have been shopping for replacement scroll seat covers (I already have bucket seat foams) and door panels as well as the other stuff and prices are all over the place. There is close to a $500 difference between the prices I have gotten from board vendors for the complete interior package versus those at the major catalog vendors like Classic Industries.

Are there quality differences in the brands out there or is this just the good old capitalist system at work? If anyone has a supplier recommendation beyond the usual suspects then I would like to hear about it also. I am going bone stock on the interior of my truck.
tristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 11:55 AM   #2
chadcampbell00

Re: Upholstery Opinions Wanted

Have you considered having them professionally done? I had my door panels and new seats redone. It's not stock like you want but a good upholster can match anything you want. I am considering havin him do my rear panels to match also now. This only cost me $1200 for panels and seats and these seats had armrest and headrests to do also. Just a thought, you may wanna talk to someone and at least see where their price compares.
Attached Images

chadcampbell00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 09:53 AM   #3
tristan

Thanks for the suggestion and it looks like someone did some good work on your truck's interior. I have a good upholster but think it would be more economical and stock to just use the replacement seat covers, carpet and side panels out there. I still don't understand why there is such a big price differential between vendors.
tristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 11:41 AM   #4
paul mora

I did something similar on my blazer and suburban. I updated to newer suburban seats with seat belts and had the inserts on all the seat done with the original looking herringbone fabric. It can all be done for a reasonable cost just shop around and buy the fabric for the inserts fron the online dealer. The upholstery you put in the blazer set the tone for the interior. Make it look you want. The upholstery and paint are how to set yours aside from the other blazers
Old 12-30-2016, 12:15 PM   #5
preciador6

Attached Images

preciador6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 05:47 PM   #6
Rickenbach

I want to use the aftermarket Kahn seats my buddy has in his old Defender.
Attached Images

Rickenbach is offline   Reply With Quote