The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-23-2003, 06:34 AM   #1
Hotrodhenryj
Truck Farmer

Body swap ?

I have a 71 1/2 ton 4X4 that I don't have title for. Anyway the cab is very rusty, and I have a nice 72 complete truck that I could swap onto the 4by frame. My ? is the title would be from the 2 wheel drive and it would be C10 insted of K10. Does this hurt the value of the truck of make it hard to sell, just wondering as I dont want someone questioning numbers. Thanks Chuck
Old 10-23-2003, 07:08 AM   #2
68 Suburban

It would turn me off, but how many people would really know the difference on the title.
Old 10-23-2003, 08:22 AM   #3
mrein3

Hotrodhenryj,
I have a 1971 chassis under a 1970 C10 body. Swapped long before I knew the difference between a 67 and a 72. It was done out of state. I bought it because the guy had photocopies of all the titles/owners for both trucks. Minnesota didn't like the fact the Wyoming had the "K" VIN on the title and "C" VIN on one of the stickers on the door (only easily visible VIN on the truck). They gave me a "recovered" VIN plate with the "C" VIN number on it and rivited to the B pillar.
I asked the state guy how a guy would do this the right way if he swapping bodies himself. He said to contact them FIRST. Take lots of pictures. Then get a title for the resulting vehicle. Wyoming called it a "K" truck on the title because it is a 4x4. MN called it a "C" truck because that is what the VIN you can see says. If you are worried about selling it some day - as long as the title work is OK it will sell.
Center City, MN
mrein3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 10:09 AM   #4
palallin

Or just swap the plates and don't tell them. It's not at all like anyone can ever find out or prove anything.

To satisfy the legal beagels: I am not advocating breaking the law; void where prohibited; your mileage may vary; taxes and handling fees extra; do not fold, spindle, or mutilate; allow seven to ten days for delivery; no purchase necessary to win; no trucks were harmed in the making of this BB post; any resemblance to persons or trucks living or dead is purely coincidental.

Last edited by palallin; 10-23-2003 at 12:51 PM.
palallin is offline   Reply With Quote