The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2017, 04:29 AM   #1
outcast99

C36: A Truckers truck!

Long time lurker, first time poster. I recently started truck driving and I've been driving out of different yards, so I needed to be portable. I bought me a 2013 28' travel trailer and my '14 Ram didn't like pulling it much so I set off on a 3/4-1 ton truck. I was gonna get a 2000 Chevy crew cab 2ws 1 ton for $700 like I wanted, but my Dad beat me to the deal so I found me a truck I liked better.

I am picking up a 1984 C30 diesel crew cab dually. I haven't taken delivery yet because the weather has been bad but soon... but anyways the truck has sat for 15 years or so, by what I'm told, and just needs glow plugs and batteries. I was skeptical so I made the 150 mile drive to check it out. It was literally love at first site. The previous owner was a truck driver before he passed away, My dad drove, and now I drive so its a sentimental truck to both me and the daughter that owns it now.

Has a Realistic CB fone, dual bench seats, nearly perfect bed, and very little rust/dents based off a quick inspection. 6.2 diesel, automatic, 2wd, DRW. Stoked to get it home soon, hopefully before Jan 1.

Last edited by outcast99; 12-27-2017 at 04:41 AM.
outcast99 is offline   Reply With Quote