The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2018, 02:00 AM   #1
mr48chev

Old retired guy spends too many hours watching Barrett Jackson auction

Yuppers, I am now retire and some think I am old and I did spend way too many hours watching the Barrett Jackson Scottsdale auction the past few days.

21 AD trucks sold so far with one tomorrow.

Every AD in the auction had presentable paint with no rust buckets or patina trucks.

Stock trucks sold for between 22,000 and 44000 The 44000 truck was stock but nice.

Modified trucks went from 25300 for a two tone orange and yellow 48 to 187000 for a show truck that had been on the cover of Classic trucks and a couple more magazines and that I have seen in person.

Two with S010 frames, Both nice but the black one was a knockout and as nice as Hogfarm's truck it went for 110K.

Two tone paint seemed to cause one to go for 10 K less than an almost identical single color truck. Stock trucks averaged a bit over 29K for the ten that I counted. Modified trucks a bit more but The quality of the build showed in price along with what engine it had. The lower sale prices reflected old builds too.

If you were looking for a stock Corvette it was a good year to buy as several went way lower than I thought they would. About the same with some 15 year old exotics.

Add to that, I can't bid right on the auction insider cars at all. I either over bid or under bid by a ton.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote