The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-19-2020, 11:50 AM   #1
conoco

Bulb Sizes

I am stuck on the oil fields for the next 3 weeks cause they cancelled the damn flights and I am looking to see if someone could get me the bulb sizes for the following locations so I can get them ordered before I get home. Any help would be great. Thank you. all bulbs for a 1972 gmc k2500

Courtesy bulbs under the dash
Glove box bulb
Heater control Panel bulb
side marker Bulb size
License Plate bulbs
Bottom turn signal Bulbs
3rd brake light bulb

I think that is it. Thank you
conoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 02:27 PM   #2
FirstOwner69

Re: Bulb Sizes

This should help.
I don't recall any of these trucks that had courtesy lights or glove box lights from the factory.
Attached Images

Old 03-19-2020, 05:17 PM   #3
conoco

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstOwner69 View Post
This should help.
I don't recall any of these trucks that had courtesy lights or glove box lights from the factory.
Thank you. My truck has stock lights unde the dash that come on along with the dome light when the doors open. It also has a light in the glove box that comes on when the glove box opens. I found the wires in the schematics and they are the same colors, I just cant find the bulb size. The bulbs I pulled out are so old that the numbers are rubbed off on them. Thank you for this chart, it helps out a lot.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:41 PM   #4
FirstOwner69

Quote:
Originally Posted by conoco View Post
The bulbs I pulled out are so old that the numbers are rubbed off on them. Thank you for this chart, it helps out a lot.
What sizes and shapes are the bulbs? If they are round and about 3/8" diameter with a single contact, I'd guess they are #1895. If push in wedge base, probably #194 or #168. 168 is a little brighter than 194.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:50 PM   #5
conoco

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstOwner69 View Post
What sizes and shapes are the bulbs? If they are round and about 3/8" diameter with a single contact, I'd guess they are #1895. If push in wedge base, probably #194 or #168. 168 is a little brighter than 194.
It must be the 1895, they are stubbing with one contact for the ones that are under my dash. The glove box light it the same size as my dome lights. I will look them up on amazon. I replaced all my gauge lights with LEDs and man did it make it way better to see at night.

Do you know what size headlights are they 5 3/4 or 7 inch? I have the 4 headlights in mine. The sheet above say they are 6014. But when I look those up they come up as 7 inch lights. I only ask because I am trying to order them but I will not be around the truck for the next two weeks. It would be nice to have them when I get home. Everything I looked up seems to be a mix of the two. Thank you for the response.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:12 PM   #6

Your originals were 6014. These are incandescent. An upgrade are the 6024. They are 7 inches as are the originals. 6024 are halogen. They will burn brighter. U may want to consider getting a relay and going off the battery for them while u are at it. This rt will make them burn brighter due to your wiring being dated.
3767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 10:18 PM   #7
FirstOwner69

Quote:
Originally Posted by conoco View Post
It must be the 1895, they are stubbing with one contact for the ones that are under my dash. The glove box light it the same size as my dome lights. I will look them up on amazon. I replaced all my gauge lights with LEDs and man did it make it way better to see at night.

Do you know what size headlights are they 5 3/4 or 7 inch? I have the 4 headlights in mine. The sheet above say they are 6014. But when I look those up they come up as 7 inch lights. I only ask because I am trying to order them but I will not be around the truck for the next two weeks. It would be nice to have them when I get home. Everything I looked up seems to be a mix of the two. Thank you for the response.
Oops. I just noticed that you have a GMC. The bulb chart I posted is from a Chevy owners manual. All bulbs would be the same EXCEPT the headlights. They'd be 5-3/4 inches, separate high (#5001) and low (#5006) beams.
Old 03-19-2020, 11:08 PM   #8
68 P.O.S.

Courtesy bulbs under the dash - These were a stock option and mine have size 67.

Glove box bulb - not 100% sure, but may be 67 as well.

Heater control panel bulb - 1895

side marker bulb size - 194

License Plate bulbs - 67 or 1155

3rd brake light bulb - doesn't exist unless you buy an aftermarket kit...or are you talking about the cargo light?
Old 03-20-2020, 11:02 AM   #9
conoco

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 P.O.S. View Post
Courtesy bulbs under the dash - These were a stock option and mine have size 67.

Glove box bulb - not 100% sure, but may be 67 as well.

Heater control panel bulb - 1895

side marker bulb size - 194

License Plate bulbs - 67 or 1155

3rd brake light bulb - doesn't exist unless you buy an aftermarket kit...or are you talking about the cargo light?
I think it might be the cargo light. It is on the outside of the truck above the back window. I think i was referring to it as the third brake light.

Thank you everyone for the input, helps out a lot. Like the above post amazon sells a kit for the 4 headlights to install H4's going of the battery which will be huge. My current lights like everyone else that has them are so damn dim. Thanks for the help.