The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-19-2021, 03:40 PM   #1
schovil69

Wire Gutter/Loom in Engine Bay

Guys, I have been searching the forum for sources for the wire gutters in the engine bay that go across the top of the fire wall and across the top of the radiator support. I bought a set from Classic Industries that showed up made of a hard plastic rather than the pliable rubber that was installed at the factory. The piece for across the radiator support has pre-drilled holes that do not line up with the holes in the radiator support. It also needs to bend down on each side and this plastic is too hard to make the sharp bend without creating a large arc.

Now I'm a bit nervous to order from other suppliers for fear of acquiring the same poor quality. Is there a good source for these out there?
schovil69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 03:58 PM   #2
MySons68C20

Re: Wire Gutter/Loom in Engine Bay

Mine were the hard plastic as well and they work just fine. The holes did not line up so I drilled new ones to match the original hole locations. The originals in my 68 were hard plastic iirc.
I don't recall where I got them from sorry.

Blake

Last edited by MySons68C20; 07-19-2021 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Missing info
MySons68C20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 04:16 PM   #3
MySons68C20

Pics may help?
Attached Images

MySons68C20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 08:32 PM   #4
firedemon

https://www.lmctruck.com/1967-72-che...wiring-gutters

i believe brothers sells them also
firedemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 10:48 AM   #5
schovil69

Thanks for the responses, guys. The pics sure do help. I'll be sure to include photos in future posts. The sturdy black plastic gutters sold by LMC sound similar to what I purchased from Classic Industries, so I'll be passing on that version. The Brother's version is difficult to see and the description doesn't shed any light on material but they appear to be the hard plastic as well.

I did receive a tip to check out Jim Carter Chevrolet thanks to Dale. They have a vinyl version of the gutter across the radiator that I am going to order. I'll let you know what shows up in the mail. https://oldchevytrucks.com/fpw253.html
schovil69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 10:52 AM   #6
CWW

Quote:
Originally Posted by schovil69 View Post
Thanks for the responses, guys. The pics sure do help. I'll be sure to include photos in future posts. The sturdy black plastic gutters sold by LMC sound similar to what I purchased from Classic Industries, so I'll be passing on that version. The Brother's version is difficult to see and the description doesn't shed any light on material but they appear to be the hard plastic as well.

I did receive a tip to check out Jim Carter Chevrolet thanks to Dale. They have a vinyl version of the gutter across the radiator that I am going to order. I'll let you know what shows up in the mail. https://oldchevytrucks.com/fpw253.html
Nice I think I will be picking this up as well now just need to find the other one
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 11:27 AM   #7
68Gold/white

LMC has both in their catalog...
68Gold/white is offline   Reply With Quote