The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-14-2004, 02:56 AM   #1
4x4Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan1970
Definitly go with the green.... Dark or not!...And I like the look of all one colour or with the white top and sides, or just the white top...etc....
The dark green looks better as all one color without white–just as your truck is. The darkness of the green does not work well with the contrast white provides. Also, dark green does not need white to provide contrast as does a more subtle color. Dark green does go well with chrome, as most dark, conservative colors do.

Dark green is a forest color that seems more at home in the woods. Nice truck, BTW. Have you ever noticed it looks better in nature settings, especially forests, while loud street scene colors, especially with flames, stripes, etc., look ridiculous out in the wilderness? The same goes for Jeeps, FJ40s, etc. I like both the dark green and the olive green trucks. Great colors. And if I can chance a "macho" comment, they're great truck colors for a man. Anything but peach (just kidding, FCG )

My uncle bought a dark green 71 GMC 4x4 fleetside new for use at Tahoe. I loved that truck.