The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2005, 01:05 AM   #1
rustyg

Driving my Suburban from So. Cal to Eastern Pa.

We're tired of the rat race here in so. cal. I sold my house and accepted a job in Gap, Pa. where my wifes family has lived for many generations. Got me a farm house built some time around 1830 on 5 acres, a small creek runs about 40' from the side of the house, you can hear the water with the windows open. We're staying in another place until I get some upgrades done on the house. I'm a little scared of the weather, but I think I'll adapt. It's got a 30x50 shop, It's an old tractor barn so it's going to need some love, I've been paying alot of attn. to the shop heater talk going on. A moving company is hauling all of our stuff, including my 71 k10 in the trailer. My wife is driving her truck and I'm driving my new (to me anyway) 72 suburban, along with my two Great Danes I just put a new motor in her and I'm trying to get her as roadworthy as possible, I got a new carb on the way so everything should be cool with the powerplant, the 700r4 is shifting funny so I'm gonna tinker with that in the next couple days. I just got the heater/defroster working today, just got the wipers going too. The squirters kinda work. New tires are going on this coming week. I'll be bringing various tools, spare water, fuel, fire ext. I want to be well equipped for this 2850 mile trip, so could you all let me know if there's something I'm overlooking....Tips/tricks......I'll probably cruise the I-10 pretty far east to avoid weather and head north. I welcome all of your feedback, even if you think i'm for moving. Thanks
72 GMC Burb 4x4
rustyg is offline   Reply With Quote