The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-15-2002, 09:04 PM   #1
Vince M

I've had my Camper Special about 2 years now and can't believe how much money and time I've put into this truck. It's been worth it though. I want so bad to take this thing apart and fix everything and restore it but I know that that would take a while and I wouldn't get to enjoy driving it. So what I've been doing is taking small things apart at a time and fixing them..t-case, axles, truck bed etc. Plans at the moment are to get the a/c working and converted to r134a. Next is to change the front and rear ratios to 3.54. Got a mismatch 14 bolt full floater with 3.73 and front d44 with a 4.10. Got the front drive shaft off so I can't make that mistake and engage it. Gotta replace those front springs soon too...
The next big ticket item is the body work. The truck is in good shape but has one rocker gone and the cab corners are coming through. To do this right the cab should be taken off but I'm resisting....the devil on my shoulder keeps tempting me though...he's a hard guy to keep ignoring.

Keep on trucking.......