The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-20-2002, 07:26 PM   #1
mikep
Used to have a truck

who makes what?

I used to work in the Rainier Brewery in Seattle. We made Rainier , Mickeys, Strohs , Black Label, Henry Weinhards private reserve , Schmidt and a hundred or so other labels before the plant was shut down and all the brands moved to Olympia to what is now the Miller plant where they now make a few hundred different beers.

My question is about who makes what in the automotive world and where? I know "Weber" makes Edelbrock carburetors. Weber just being a division of another Italian Manufacturer. Where are they actually made? I know comp cams owns crane. Who makes the cams though and where? Iv'e read Iskendarian is the worlds largest cam manufacturer but who do they make cams for... OEM or is it everyone else ? You sure dont see many "Isky" brand cams any more but they have to be manufacturing them under contract for someone.

Another example. I run world product heads on my 68. Who makes them ? Their website is vague about where they are manufacturered and I know they do R&D in Michigan or someplace like that but I get the feeling they are actually built in Argentina and thet Dart and Top Proline and possibly others are built in the same factory. Maybe even every decent cast iron head you can think of.

Anyone know anything?
Old 07-20-2002, 08:59 PM   #2
jlmtrout

Comp Cams is located in Memphis, they have a large manufacturing facility here. I beleive that wp heads are made by trick flow. Just my 2 cents worth. Good luck and keep on turckin'!......Jerry
600 cfm Edelbrock,Small Comp Cams retro-roller cam and roller rockers,9:1 cr, headers, HEI,Old Air a/c, 72 power disc brakes w/stainless lines, 3.42 gear,T-56 6-speed, original paint(what's left of it). Dakota Digital Dash
jlmtrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 11:30 PM   #3
Shane
Account Suspended

Quote:
I know comp cams owns crane. Who makes the cams though and where?
jlmtrout is right on the money.....

Comp Cams is located in Memphis, TN......the company I work for has sold them several specialized CNC lathes and CNC cam grinding machines in recent months. I was lucky enough to work on some of these projects last year.....very nice folks to work with when it comes to new manufacturing projects and processes.

Also, Holley (the carb people) went on a buying spree a couple of years ago and are now known as Holley Performance Products. the name brands they now own are:

Holley -- (carbs, etc)
Hooker Headers -- (exhaust products)
Weiand --(fuel intake)
Lunati -- (valvetrain and cam products)
N.O.S -- (Nitrous Oxide Systems)
FlowTech -- (exhaust systems)
Earl's -- (high pressure plumbing products)
Annihilator -- (ignition sytems and products)
SysteMax -- (complete engine packages & cylinder heads)

Last edited by Shane; 07-20-2002 at 11:50 PM.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote