The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2005, 12:14 AM   #1
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Unhappy Longhorn's maiden voyage.

So, the longhorn has been runnin a while, even movin under it's own power. I've taken it down the road and back....industrial area...not a sole around at night, which is good consedering it was uninsured and unregistered...hll...it wasn't even in my name untill yesterday.
So yesterday, I spend the morning at the BMV, I transfer the old tags from the 69 GMC, and have them put on the longhorn. I convinced the dude that it was a 3/4 ton, so that saved me something like 30 bucks a year. Cool
so after getting a new license, regerstring the truck, and renewing the tags which expire in a couple weeks, I leave the BMV about 120 bucks less than when I entered. Oh well... what can you do?
So this eveing..I pull the 'ole girl in, I start the night like I always do..washed the lincoln...and the poor longhorn looked so sad and nasty, i gave her a bath too. Did a little of this, a little of that..and i said it was time to go beyond the one or two blocks I have taken it.
WOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!
I go to the gas station....spend a butt load of cash...got a few gallons of fuel, then I realized i was hungry and haven't eaten since 5 am....so off to mc d's I go.
Smiling as I drive her. The brakes still need something the steering is a little sloppy, but that loud pedal is fun...esp afterdriving that gutless lincoln.
I zip over here, zoom over there, then I figure I better get back to the shop, expecting some one here.
So I'm blasting down one of the deserted roads back here by the shop and all of a sudden the windshield is soaked.
I'm like WTF? I look in the rearview mirror saying I don't think I hit a puddle.
Nope, no puddle back there...but an odd lookin dark stripe in the center of the road...and what's that sweet smell?

I pull it in, grab a bucket and toss it under the front of the truck where it's spewing green stuff. (
I pop ht ehood, (just cleaned under there too) and EVERYTHING is soaked..new air filter..junk. an hr of detailing...waisted...a heater hose spwaying everything, including my face.(it doesn't burn in your wyes as much as I had expected.)
So, it's first time off the block, and she's puking her guts all over the floor.

Pics to follow later when i get home ion the morning...which i plan on pullin up to the house in the truck.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote