The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-11-2005, 11:00 PM   #1
rocky2

Unhappy hello folks

I have not posted on this board for probably at least six months to a year.
I have been watching this board wishing things were different and agonizing over this, however I really have no choice I have to let her go.
I have a 1970 gmc burb that I stripped to start a restomod, and money ran out I figure as she sits right now I have about 6000.00 in her and need around 4000.00 more to finish her they way I want. so if I pull the eng and trans I can use those elswhere and try to sell the rest.
I realize that I am rambling here but this is really hard for me.
My question is would it be better to sell her as a package minus eng trans or part her out ?
I realize I wont get what I have in her back but I would like to get some of it back
I have three inch drop spindles, one and a half inch drop springs, inch and 7/8 front sway bar. upper and lower a arms have been powder coated all of the steering parts are new, the rotors are used but great shape new brake calipers I have the five lug axles installed in the rear adjustable panhard bar 17 inch centerline I believe they are called hawks. the body is great, almost no rust, almost dent free. rear is gate and hatch I have a new windshield seal still in the box. any way she needs the glass put back in interior and drive train I have the drive shaft.
So what are your opions on what I should do with her?
Thanks for your time and letting me spill my guts on here.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:17 PM   #2
bagged91
Out draggin'

Find someway to keep it & finish it. If it takes you longer, then so be it.... Sounds like your well on your way, would hate to get that far and give up. Remember, when it rains it pours but the sun has to come out sometime....

If you do decide to part, I would be interested in the spindles. Are they for the 6 lug drum to disc conversion or did you swap to a 71/2 front end?
72 C10 Burb (ex. Cheesewagon)SOLD
72 C20 Burb parts truck
71 C10 Burb "project"
bagged91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 12:55 AM   #3
cornutz
All Praise RANDY!!

Hate to see a good burb parted but, if you do, I could use the drivers door. Keep us up to date...

NutZ
cornutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 02:45 AM   #4
sub4rvr

Try selling it on ebay. Use a reserve price so it doesn't go too cheap.
I could use some of your parts if you decide to part it out.
67 Mustang (2)
69 Torino GT
00 Mustang GT Conv.
sub4rvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 02:46 AM   #5
4x4Poet

Yeah, try and weather the slow down. Otherwise, what's so special about the engine and trans? They're available fairly cheap as complete, rebuilbable cores, so if you must sell the truck, sell it with the engine and trans in it. You get a better price. Remember, it is body work that most buyers want to avoid. Lots of enthusiasts willingly swap or rebuild engines and trannies. But having a running vehicle aids in getting it from you to the buyer. No engine reduces the buyer to towing or shipping. One needs a tow vehicle and the other is expensive. Both reduce the pool of willing buyers. Best wishes with your endeavors.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:19 AM   #6
rocky2

Well after discussing it with the wife we have decided to sacrifice in other areas to finish it!
I guess I was just getting the mid project blues wanting to see it done and not having the money to do it the way i want to.
But I thank you all for your support and all the info I read on this board sure does help.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:17 AM   #7
4x4Poet

Hallelujah!

How 'bout a tip on saving funds? Hold off on anything that is easily done later as a simple remove and replace without risking new paint damage. For instance: do the seats last. Keep cheapie tires on longer. Throw back in any serviceable floor mats or carpet until later. Keep the crappy shifter boots until later. Rebuild the axles later, if in ok shape. Redo the brake hydraulics and calipers and wheel cylinders, but leave in any serviceable rotors, drums, pads, shoes, until later. Its the hydraulics that should be new. The rest can bolt off and on easy later. Just throwing some ideas at ya.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:58 AM   #8
rocky2

Thanks! that is part of what I had deciced to do. instead of doing everything, I am going to make it drivable with the new paint, and then work on the rest little at a time.
Old 03-18-2005, 01:37 PM   #9
Brewski*

Great to hear your keeping it~!
I am in my 4th yr on my 3/4 ton GMC Custom Camper 4x4 and just bought the 68 burb on the board. I think sometimes I must be totally out of my mind and then I think well if I don't do this it may never get done~!
Brew~!
Brewski* is offline   Reply With Quote