The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-18-2005, 07:54 PM   #1
screamin_c102
Account Suspended

Angry Reasons not to park your Chevy at Walmart

Well my insurance company won't pay to fix my truck!!

The cops tried to say I backed into something

You can plainly see that this was three seperate impacts by something black and rubber. I circled the points of impact, 2 low and 1 high.

If I backed into something I would have stopped after the first bone jarring hit

They said something about my BS peeps and the tint, I guess even though I'm legal I still get the A$$#@!E treatment.

I am sure glad I kept an extra 1/2 gallon of paint.
screamin_c102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 08:02 PM   #2
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

go to wall mart's security, and ask to look at the tapes. Then if/when you see what happened, call the police again and demand a propper report.
That is bull sh!t. You oughta call up the chief and tell him what his officers did.
Tell him that if you backed into something you wouldnh't be pursueing it like this for fear of insurance fraud.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 08:04 PM   #3
chevy71super

Why won't your insurance company pay for it? Don't you have collision?
chevy71super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 08:09 PM   #4
Brainchild
Still drivin' a Rat Rod

Those guys just need someone to go in there and raise 7 kinds of stink,I have to do that here every now and again.It's way easier to blame you and avoid finding the real cuplrit,and save a lot of paperwork on thier part.

Sorry bout yourtruck
Rusty Member #13872
Instead of saying.....you are a discomfort in the back of my front.....one should be able to say...... you are a pain in the *a$#*

71 GMC LWB
49 Chevy
85 Chevy G20

Check out my website
Brainchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 08:10 PM   #5
screamin_c102
Account Suspended

I asked security for video. Screamin was parked over by automotive so she wouldn't get dinged. There isn't video in that area though.

I got pretty pissed at Deputy Dog and almost went for a ride with him.

I'm 350 pounds of 6'3" pi$$ed off white boy and he stood all of 5'-7" and weighed maybe 185. He was gettin nervous

I think she got the **** kicked out of her because she was backed in against a sidewalk. You can almost make out the freakin footprints.

Any ways this was alittle bit ago and I just got the "bad news" from my insurance company.

I pay FULL coverage on an insured value of 12 grand. Why should I bother???
Old 03-18-2005, 08:15 PM   #6
Gary

Maybe talk to a lawyer and see if there's something can be done? Sue wally world, the insurance company, the police for not filing a proper report, just start swinging the lawsuit stick until someone gives in. Course unless you're REALLY good friends with a lawyer, this would cost more than just fixing the damn truck you can't win it seems sometimes.
Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 08:17 PM   #7
screamin_c102
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy71super
Why won't your insurance company pay for it? Don't you have collision?
I didn't see the damage until I got home. That's when I called the law.

I couldn't prove the truck was damaged at Walmart, I couldn't prove I didn't go runnin into things backwards, and the lack of a rear bumper didn't help matters much either.

I looked into a lawyer but that would cost 2-3 times the repair.

Yeah I've got collision but there was no collision, this is more like vandalism which is covered by my policy but my insurance company is siding with the cops.

I'm just plain pi$$ed thats all.

Last edited by screamin_c102; 03-18-2005 at 08:22 PM.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:33 PM   #8
kingsolver72
10/30/19

To bad you can't find out who did this so you could put the boots to the as$hole and kick the cowboy walking sh!t out of him.
kingsolver72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 08:35 PM   #9
chevy71super

Vandalism is covered by comprehensive coverage. Do you have comprehensive? Doesn't matter where it happens, coverage follows the truck. Good resource is the state Department of Insurance. They go to bat for people for free. Give them a call or look them up on the internet at www.cbs.state.or.us/external/ins/
chevy71super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 08:41 PM   #10
chevyboy55

I see your plate says Oregon, I hope it is not Portland police. If it is they wont do diddly squat even if you have waal-mart security tapes. Man that stinks.
chevyboy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 08:42 PM   #11
screamin_c102
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy71super
Vandalism is covered by comprehensive coverage. Do you have comprehensive? Doesn't matter where it happens, coverage follows the truck. Good resource is the state Department of Insurance. They go to bat for people for free. Give them a call or look them up on the internet at www.cbs.state.or.us/external/ins/

Thank you chevy71super. I'm going to check that out. I have full boat on her.

I can replace the tailgate and what not easily enough. What pisses me off is the automatic assumption of guilt on my part that the police and insurance company immediately took. What if this had been worse? I pay FAT premiums and expect a little more than what I got.

The way I look at it is the police didn't want to deal with another "claim" and definately did not want to do the paperwork on it. And the insurance company exploited this in order to get out of paying the one and only claim I have ever filed with them in the 12 years I have been with them.

Sorry for the RANT

Last edited by screamin_c102; 03-18-2005 at 09:02 PM.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:45 PM   #12
screamin_c102
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyboy55
I see your plate says Oregon, I hope it is not Portland police. If it is they wont do diddly squat even if you have waal-mart security tapes. Man that stinks.

It's not much different down her in central Oregon. I'll be moving up to Beaverton as soon as I am done with school though.

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:55 PM   #13
71-longbed
Its Magically Delicious

i feel for ya man ... i've had a vehicle stolen at 3am in the morning ... i watched the guy drive away in it ..called the police and it took 2 1/2 hours for a patrol man to come out and fill out a report ... What in the h*ll took him so long??? Busy sleeping some where on the clock ... Dealing with cops is like pissin into the wind

Of all my favorite things to do, The utmost is to have a brew.
My love grows for my foamy friend, with each thirst-quenching elbow bend.
Beer so frosty, smooth, and cold it's paradise pure liquid gold.
Yes beer means many things to me that's all for now cus I gotta pee.
71-longbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 09:15 PM   #14
silvertonguedevil

Nice truck man. I'd be PO'd if I were you. There's gotta be something that you can do. That's just crazy.
Get in touch with me when you get to Beaverton (I live there too), we'll have to go yardin' or somethin'. (maybe for a new tailgate )

My Chevy trucks, past and present:

1962 C10 SB Fleetside
1964 C10 LB Fleetside BBW
1966 C10 SB Fleetside
1966 C10 SB Fleetside BBW
1968 C10 SB Fleetside
1971 C10 LB Fleetside
1971 C10 SB Fleetside
1972 C10 SB Fleetside Cheyenne
1972 C10 SB Fleetside Cheyenne Super
1972 C10 LB Fleetside Cheyenne Super
1974 C20 Cheyenne
1979 K5 Blazer Cheyenne
1982 K10 SB Fleetside Custom Deluxe
1982 K10 SB Fleetside Scottsdale
1986 C10 SB Fleetside Silverado
2008 Silverado 1500 4x4

Last edited by silvertonguedevil; 03-18-2005 at 09:37 PM.
silvertonguedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 09:24 PM   #15
jmanz69
Careful, they attack...

I think it's time to change companies. If they won't help you out, then find a new one that will. Ask them about this situation and see how they would handle it. Maybe someone will be there for you if it happens again. That sucks, insurance is such a rip off. It costs you a ton so you won't ever have to use it, and when you do they just screw you over to get out of it. It's such a racket.
Go to Walmart, and look around to see if there are cameras where you were parked. They may just be avoiding a hassle by telling you there were no cameras. People are soo lazy and will do anything to get out of doing work. Especially if they are getting $6.50/hr to be security.
jmanz69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 10:31 PM   #16
pritch

The cops don't need you, and man they expect the same-Bob Dylan

But you know, those dents look an awful lot like what a run away train of fifty wal-mart shopping carts would do to a tailgate.

You could go to another busy shopping center and park and then call the cops and say it just happened. Make sure there ain't no video there, though.
Ol' Green
pritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 11:15 PM   #17
69 Short Fleet

What A flipping load of "CRAP"!!!!!!! I had a hit & run on my truck just after I bought it and know just how you feel, the bottom line was I wound up paying to fix it myself ($750) One thing I try to do when I'm out with my truck is park as far away from other vehicals as possible (I'll walk the extra distance to the door) and always park in a highly visable area (if I can't, I don't need to shop that bad), this hit and run crap strikes a nerve with me. Regards Doug
69 Short Fleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 02:16 AM   #18
CHEVY & GMC FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by pritch
The cops don't need you, and man they expect the same-Bob Dylan

But you know, those dents look an awful lot like what a run away train of fifty wal-mart shopping carts would do to a tailgate.
Your right it does.... hey If I were you I would go and raise hell with those shopping cart kids, i mean there are just some things that cannot be accepted..

1969 CHEVROLET CST-10 PICK-UP
Good memories

1999 Chevrolet Z71 Ext. cab 5.7L
Good Memories

With a quart of oil, and a gallon of gas, she won't let no other car pass!!!.

& FOREVER
CHEVY & GMC FOREVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 02:23 AM   #19
flip66

not really sure what you are saying if you have full covrage they will pay if you back into something they will pay if someone hits you and they took off and if some one kicked the truck they should pay. If you trulley have full covrage they have to pay for it no matter how it happend just depends on the deductatable I would report them to the state board if they dont pay.
Old 03-19-2005, 02:40 AM   #20
screamin_c102
Account Suspended

Yes, I have full coverage, and yes they should pay but the fact is that they don't want to pay and are basically calling me a liar. If I pursue it any further then they will cancel me and I get to start over again. I enjoy extremely low rates compared to most, but exactly what am I paying for???

I have been with the same company for 12 damn years without a single claim.

The friggin' government mandates insurance yet refuses to regulate the companies, so they can get away with murder.

I hope to god I my wife nor I get into any serious mishap as we will be at the mercy of these A$$holes.

My buddy at the body shop ordered me a tailgate this afternoon and we'll paint it up this weekend.

I'll post pics of the repair and that will be the end of it

I recently purchased bumper brackets from a board member and will be installing a rear bumper which seems to be the insurance companies biggest bi!@#.

Thanx for lending an ear..............
Old 03-19-2005, 03:36 AM   #21
68w/sbc406
Got Light Emitting Diode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvertonguedevil
Nice truck man. I'd be PO'd if I were you. There's gotta be something that you can do. That's just crazy.
Get in touch with me when you get to Beaverton (I live there too), we'll have to go yardin' or somethin'. (maybe for a new tailgate )
tryin to get a new yardin buddy since i stood you up???
P.S. hope you dont mind traffic movin to beaverton, its bad out there

'02 Chevy Silverado LT ext cab short bed 2WD 5/7 drop on 22's(the family car)

1993 Cherokee work ride/weekend wheeler
68w/sbc406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 04:33 AM   #22
C10 Club Tennessee

I love these threads where somebody messes up and then everybody blames the cops.

These are my favorite.

www.gmtruckshow.com

Project "Andes"-Halen's First Truck

Project: Patina Burb

for he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer. Romans 13:4
5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 07:50 AM   #23
Terry Peerson

Regardless of everything else, your insurance company should be helping you with this. I don't care if you have had this policy for 20-years or 20-minutes. It isn't right! I would not hesitate to change companies if mine tried to mess me around like that. I don't know who your insurance is with, but mine has never tried to get out of paying a claim (at least with me). One time, I hit a deer on the way to work. Had to tow the '72 truck to a body shop. Had the adjuster go there and they just paid to fix it ($ 3,000.00 worth of damage). Of course, I have 7-vehicles and the Homeowners' policy with the same company. I used to have an agent to deal with, but nowadays, I just call their "800" number. I have learned one thing, though. If you drop your "collision" coverage on an older vehicle, someone without insurance will run into it (happened to me twice!)

Good Luck!

TP
Terry Peerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 08:17 AM   #24
GMC AMI

Too bad about your fine ride! Insurance companys are not too reassuring these days!
They are run by bankers and lawyers, What a shocker! I had my farm homeowners policy canceled because I have more than 3 COWS???? Good luck with the battle!
Old 03-19-2005, 09:07 AM   #25
68Stepbed

Angry

Man, that just sucks! I always tell my wife I hate parking at Wal-Mart and leaving my truck unattended. I personally hate even going to Wally World anymore. I used to work there in high school pushing shopping carts. We never hit any cars though. One night after work a coworker was piddling around in his 91 IROC-Z, the nice one ones with the tuned port 350, his column was busted out and a flat head screwdriver was laying in the floor. the only reason the guy couldn't steal it was the computer chip in the key. I saw some crazy stuff dude. Some people are stupid and some just don't give a crap. Well, I'm sorry about your truck. Hope you get something worked out.
68Stepbed is offline   Reply With Quote