The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-29-2005, 12:58 AM   #1
Russell
Professional Grade

New body mounts question

Hey guys!

I'm getting close to the point of putting my cab back onto my frame. I wanna do so with new body mounts, but I need to know what parts I have to re-use from the old mounts. Someone told me once, but I have forgotten, and search is still down.

Thanks!

Russ
Old 05-29-2005, 07:46 PM   #2
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

LMC sells all the parts you need or all you need depending on what you want to replace. when i did the ones on my truck i re used the old bolts and washers just replaced the rubber bushings and i used rubber like original not the polyurethane like some do.. mine was just on a work truck not on a heavy off roader or a show truck so i jut wanted basic stuff.

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 09:26 PM   #3
Paso76GMCstepper

Russell,

When I replaced my mounts (8 squares or tire) with Energy Suspention Poly Bushings all I reused was the rear cab spacers. They are inside the old mounts they are like 3 or 4 inches long. With my kit since the bushings were thicker u have to cut part of the spacer. Its real easy and my truck rides smooth, there is no body roll any more, and it doesnt sqeek.

I think summit has them on sale. I bought mine last year for 80 bucks from LMC Truck. My kit had the radiator supports, and all cab mounts most bolts and washers. You will need to reuse your old bolts.

Anything else u need let me know

"Life is a Team Sport"

To the memory of the Hendrick Motorsports Plane Crash Victims
Paso76GMCstepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 11:32 PM   #4
Russell
Professional Grade

I've already bought the mounts, and I hung on to the old ones + all the old hardware. All I could not remember was what I needed to keep from the old mounts, such as those spacers you mention...

However, I forgot to take them off my frame, and loaded my old truck box full of scrap on top of it... That isn't so bad, its the dead animal (don't ask) in the box that smells terrible that makes me not want to go get them, lol
Old 05-30-2005, 02:11 AM   #5
Paso76GMCstepper

Cant help u with the road kill Russell..............

"Life is a Team Sport"

Old 05-30-2005, 02:16 AM   #6
Russell
Professional Grade

Sad thing is that it actually is road kill. My father has a sick sense of humor at times and he knows that I often dig through my scrap metal bin looking for something I tossed in there thinking I'd never need it again. However, one of our cats was run over the other day, and he tossed in there thinking that I'd find it right away and get mad at him, then the whole mess would get hauled off the next day. However, I didn't find it for about 2 weeks afterwards as I had dumped some more scrap in there with the bobcat and covered it up. I found it when I was looking for my porportioning valve, and stepped on it by accident. Trust me, nothing smells worse than a cat that has been rotting for two weeks, then is stepped on...

I yelled at my father, and refuse to go back there anymore...
Old 05-30-2005, 02:48 AM   #7
Paso76GMCstepper

Smelly Cat... Smelly Cat... Why are you so smelly??

"Life is a Team Sport"